Is 3DS really struggling?

#41IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/8/2011 8:31:03 AM
Jeez, it seems we all forget how bad the original DS launch line-up was, don't we? Dear God that was disaster city!

Also, I expected software to be coming out at a slow pace, which I am fine with. Just gives me more time to play the games I get for the time being. Eventually it'll pick up more steam.

Way to go with the blowing things out of proportion folks, because seriously, it took at LEAST 7 months to a year for the original DS to get titles that were truly worthy of picking up. At least the quality of the launch titles and games within the launch window is something to write home about. I have no regrets of shelling out the 250 through tons of trade-ins of older games I never played anymore, but can easily pick up again sometime.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#42trenkenPosted 7/8/2011 8:36:24 AM
Gremio6181 posted...
Jeez, it seems we all forget how bad the original DS launch line-up was, don't we? Dear God that was disaster city!

Also, I expected software to be coming out at a slow pace, which I am fine with. Just gives me more time to play the games I get for the time being. Eventually it'll pick up more steam.

Way to go with the blowing things out of proportion folks, because seriously, it took at LEAST 7 months to a year for the original DS to get titles that were truly worthy of picking up. At least the quality of the launch titles and games within the launch window is something to write home about. I have no regrets of shelling out the 250 through tons of trade-ins of older games I never played anymore, but can easily pick up again sometime.

Hardware was cheaper during a time when the economy was thriving, and smartphones that actually play good games didnt really exist. Totally different world right now to be launching $250 handheld game systems.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#43VampiricDragon_Posted 7/8/2011 8:38:17 AM
trenken posted...
Gremio6181 posted...

Hardware was cheaper during a time when the economy was thriving, and smartphones that actually play good games didnt really exist. Totally different world right now to be launching $250 handheld game systems.

Smartphones still dont have good original games to me. Thats one thing that hasnt changed
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#44trenkenPosted 7/8/2011 8:40:27 AM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
trenken posted...
Gremio6181 posted...

Smartphones still dont have good original games to me. Thats one thing that hasnt changed

Go tell that to the millions upon millions of people enjoying games on their iphone. You're in the minority here.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#45IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/8/2011 9:07:17 AM
trenken posted...

Go tell that to the millions upon millions of people enjoying games on their iphone. You're in the minority here.

You're right on that one trenken, I do have an HTC EVO and I've been playing the crap out of Angry Birds and the Zenonia Trilogy. Nonetheless though, the 3DS' software line-up might be small ATM, it'll grow, and there will be plenty of games to come out on it. Hell, there's some quality games I know I want to get on the thing already.

OuT 3D, Samurai Warriors Chronicle (yes, I love those games), I might get Super Street Fighter IV 3D sometime, and I know there's some stuff in the near future I want to get my hands on, like StarFox 3D, Mario Kart, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, etc. Should more RPGs come, I'll be buying for sure.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#46shinmirokuPosted 7/9/2011 10:26:53 AM
Two problems, no Pokemon game yet, and the price is pretty high as far as Nintendo stuff goes. Yea the Wii was 250, but compared to PS3 and 360's prices it looked like a steal.
#47OverlordAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 10:31:15 AM
really the only difference between this generation and last gen for handhelds is sony's price point.

It's a VERY good pricepoint, but I don't know that it's enough to overtake the 3DS but time will tell. I think vita may suffer from a problem the 3DS suffers from: people think 3DS is another iteration of DS (phat, lite, DSi, DSiLL, etc) same may be the case with Vita, it looks similar save for a 2nd stick
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#48VampiricDragon_Posted 7/9/2011 10:53:26 AM
trenken posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...
trenken posted...
Gremio6181 posted...

Actually I am still in the vast majority (ask 10 people who play games and 9 out of 10 will tell you they like real handheld games the best) . And I can say millions upon millions of people enjoy games on there handhelds.

Hell even mister mobile himself john carmack has said mobile games are nothing more than diversions
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#49OverlordAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 11:23:01 AM
I want angry birds on my 3ds wonder if psv can pull that off :3
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585