Is it bad for the system to take the games out without turning it off?

#1Catspaj33Posted 7/7/2011 4:58:55 PM
I don't know if it is like the wii and you can do that or not so can anyone tell me? Thanks. :)
---
Miike7
#2MKaykitkatsPosted 7/7/2011 5:00:03 PM
As long as you're not in the game itself, you can take the game out no problem.
---
Badger GET!!!
#3Vortex_Of_Hope7Posted 7/7/2011 5:02:12 PM
I was worried about the same thing but even the system's manual says it's ok as long as the game shut down and not suspended.
#4The BeanPosted 7/7/2011 5:07:37 PM
i pulled out OoT with the game running and it works fine
---
GT: FERRITofDOOM
#5ORANGE666Posted 7/7/2011 6:03:04 PM
It should be ok. On the PSP, if you run the game off the memory stick, put the psp to sleep and remove the ms and then turn it on, you can keep playing until the game needs something off the ms.

For example, in some rpg's, you can move around and talk to NPC's in rpg's with small area;s and things. This is because most of that stuff is on the ram at the time the psp went to sleep. If the game needs something that's not on the ram, the game freezes but unfreezes when you pop back in the ms.

The 3DS should be the same.
#6Moondoggie35Posted 7/7/2011 6:10:27 PM
pulling the card out while its running can be just fine, but it only takes one time to mess your game up permanently
---
If god gives you lemons, you find a new god!
#7BBlackfordPosted 7/7/2011 6:45:30 PM
Just don't do it.

Even though you're not seeing any negative effects right now, it can't be good for the system in the long run. What's the rush, anyways? It's not that difficult to go to the home screen and close the game before switching out the cartridge. Your 3DS games will thank you!
#8ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/7/2011 6:46:40 PM
Hot swap is a beautiful thing. Just make sure the software is closed.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.