I wish Nintendo would just put the Wii's VC on the eShop.

#11LightHawKnightPosted 7/8/2011 10:21:06 PM

Until the system is no longer relevant...

The wii VC shall move to the wii U VC.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#12darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/8/2011 10:52:07 PM
It would depend on the game really. Some games aren't going to do as well on a handheld as opposed to a console. Especially multiplayer games. I think it's fine the way it is now.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#13nintendo3000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 11:03:21 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
It would depend on the game really. Some games aren't going to do as well on a handheld as opposed to a console. Especially multiplayer games. I think it's fine the way it is now.

Not to me it isn't.
---
Okamiden magnets... HOW DO THEY WORK?!
#14AduIt_LlNKPosted 7/8/2011 11:31:43 PM
I don't think the 3DS could handle all the Wii's VC games. On the other hand, what if the Wii Shopping Channel got all the 3DS eShop titles? (sorry if it's been said already)
#15gsdarkdawnPosted 7/9/2011 12:04:11 AM
Shadowman621 posted...
Granted I don't expect N64 games would be workable on the 3DS

The only problem the 3DS will have with N64 emulation is the lack of buttons(some of which could be mapped to the touch screen). Other than that, the 3DS is PERFECTLY capable of running N64 emulation.
---
Please sign my petition to have all 3DS games able to save to SD card:
http://PetitionOnline.com/3DSsavSD/petition.html
#16VyersPosted 7/9/2011 12:12:39 AM
Seriously. I'm really disappointed that Nintendo didn't let 3DS owners link their systems to their Wiis and play NES and Super NES games. I guess that they needed an excuse for people to buy Excitebike twice.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#17KorlithielPosted 7/9/2011 12:24:28 AM
I think there is a great deal of titles that would be awesome if they made it to the eShop from the Wii's virtual console. But Nintendo intends on keeping the home and portable separate, which to me continues to ignore the market that pirates on the PSP made obvious that there is a market for (old console games on portables).

Still, I suppose it was inevitable once the DRM/eShop set-up was announced. I think Nintendo is still behind on the times in terms of their web strategy, and it's largely due to them being a Japanese corporation (since the country is small most people meet those they want to play locally, and general acceptance of bad DRM schemes is higher there as well).
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#18Cave_LionPosted 7/9/2011 9:30:02 AM
You would have to buy them again because Nintendo don't have linked accounts as such like Sony. I know it sucks but what can you do?
---
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/upload/img_200/Neptune-spot.jpg
NEPTUNE
#19JackstinPosted 7/9/2011 9:50:54 AM
Baha05 posted...

Nintendo would have to do updates for their Wii VC (Cutting N64 as those will not play right), link shops, remove point value from the Wii's VC with cash, have a way to link purchase history, and a whole lot of other things.

The N64 thing is silly, there are many games on PSN not playable on PSP, and I would think most fans would be happy with NES and SNES on the 3DS VC.

The other things you mentioned are improvements the VC desperately needs anyway.