i cant believe nintendo wants $6 for ExBike

#1DeathSoul2000Posted 7/8/2011 6:26:18 AM
and 5.40 for the UK? what a joke. no one is gonna pay that. i think nintendo is headed in the exact same direction sony did 5 years ago - overcharging for their crap because they believe people will buy based on brand name alone.
---
"i will be as faithful to you as any dog - and come when you whistle."
#2trenkenPosted 7/8/2011 6:29:56 AM
Yeah its pretty ridiculous. I got it for free, but the game is absolutely awful. It's really no better than some free crappy online flash game. Not to mention the fact that you can play FAR better versions of excitebike online anyway.

Nintendo is out of their minds. It should be $1-2. Cant wait to see them charge $10-15+ for high profile 3D classics like mario 3.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#3LinkToTheFastPosted 7/8/2011 6:34:01 AM
There is no reason for them to be charging that much. It's crazy.
#4ROFLROOSTERPosted 7/8/2011 6:35:13 AM
Excitebike isn't that good anyways. And it was free for a long time.
---
Official Umigorou of the B/W boards.
you can't spell Pignite without IGN
#5OverlordAlikPosted 7/8/2011 6:40:14 AM
it uses 3D youre paying for the 3D guys, and the game is considered a classic, youre paying for a classic with a 3D coat of paint, quit your *&^$$'n if you dont like it dont buy it.

You had your chance to get it for free but you didnt tough
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#6MagzaPosted 7/8/2011 6:55:21 AM
OverlordAlik posted...
it uses 3D youre paying for the 3D guys, and the game is considered a classic, youre paying for a classic with a 3D coat of paint, quit your *&^$$'n if you dont like it dont buy it.

Hey look, it's one of those people who blindly accepts the bad business decisions their favorite companies continually make. People like you are the ones who make these techniques stick around as long as they do because you try to find some weird justification for it.

Just because they can, doesn't mean they should.
---
AMD 1090T 3.2 GHZ | 890FXA-UD5 | 4x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 | EVGA 480 Fermi SC+ | Barracuda 1TB HD | Corsair 850W | Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit
#7Starwars4JPosted 7/8/2011 7:06:59 AM
Magza posted...
OverlordAlik posted...

Hey look, it's one of those people who blindly accepts the bad business decisions their favorite companies continually make. People like you are the ones who make these techniques stick around as long as they do because you try to find some weird justification for it.

Just because they can, doesn't mean they should.

Wow, so you totally missed the announcement that Nintendo made on how much more work it takes to make a 3D classic than they thought, how they need to essentially remake the games from the ground up. Charging anything less would be unprofitable. So ultimately it comes down to the old adage: if it isn't worth $6 to you, don't buy it. If it is, buy it.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8WickedSickJoshPosted 7/8/2011 7:13:22 AM
Buying Excitebike off of Wii's VC is $5. The 3D Classic version is the exact same but with 3D (duh) so they add an extra dollar for that. I'm not saying the price is fair (or unfair) but it shouldn't be surprising at all.
---
"I've never killed anyone. I don't need to kill anyone. I think it. I have it here. *points to head*" - Charles Manson
#9Final Fantasy2389Posted 7/8/2011 7:25:47 AM
I'm not an excite bike fan BUT, the game was remade from the ground up in 3D. And, while it looks like the exact same game, all pixel like, it does use 3D polygons for things.

They had to get a team dedicated to do this and it costs money to get people to make this stuff. And as CorporateMinistry said, the Wii VC is $5 and that's a straight emulation.

But, I got it for free, so what do I care?
---
http://jbeebe.wordpress.com
Please, call me FF.
#10MattperdPosted 7/8/2011 7:49:22 AM
CorporateMinistry posted...
Buying Excitebike off of Wii's VC is $5. The 3D Classic version is the exact same but with 3D (duh) so they add an extra dollar for that. I'm not saying the price is fair (or unfair) but it shouldn't be surprising at all.

Stop making sense. People are trying to bash everything Nintendo does without thinking. Go somewhere else.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword