Something really weird happened with my 3DS Sound last night.

#1keyblader1985Posted 7/8/2011 10:22:28 AM
I was using earphones with the system closed, and all of a sudden the track changed. I opened it up & looked around, but everything seemed normal. I closed it and resumed listening, and a couple seconds later it happened again. After some experimenting I found out that every time I moved the headphone jack around, the song would change (even with the system closed). I unplugged them, cleaned the cord & jack, and put them back in, and everything returned to normal.

This is even weirder than a couple months back, when the music would keep going with the system shut, even though I wasn't using earphones. Anybody else experience something like this?
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#2niels200683Posted 7/8/2011 10:24:59 AM
I have experienced some song skipping, but I thought it was just a failure to read the SD card. Only time it keeps going without headphones with the system closed is if I leave it too near my DS lite... the song skipping doesn't occur often for me though - and I'm using the 3DS as my main portable music player since launch.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#3keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 2:43:25 PM
I thought maybe it could be the awesome power of magnets... but both times my system was nowhere near a magnet.
---
Official King of PotD
#4keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 10:18:18 AM
bump
---
Official King of PotD
#5PlaysaverPosted 7/9/2011 3:08:00 PM(edited)
you probibly have a intermitent short in your headphones. And this is telling your 3ds to change tracks just like it would if you were pushing a button on a set of ipod headphones that have a buttons for changing track or volume. (if the button on the ipod headphones is for volume then it's being interpurted as change tracks on the 3ds.)

So i suppose if you got a set of ipod headphones that have all those buttons it might be convenent to use on a 3ds. (Get one with a mic since i know for a fact that an iphone compatable headset with a mic will work and let you use the headsets mic over the inbuilt 3ds one. I just haven't been able to check farther then the cheap headphones i bought to see if a built in headphone mic would work. These headphones only had an answer button, which on the 3ds music player pauses and unpauses playback.)
#6keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 7:23:27 AM
I didn't know they made earphones like that.
---
Official King of PotD