Something really weird happened with my 3DS Sound last night.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Something really weird happened with my 3DS Sound last night.
4 years ago#1
I was using earphones with the system closed, and all of a sudden the track changed. I opened it up & looked around, but everything seemed normal. I closed it and resumed listening, and a couple seconds later it happened again. After some experimenting I found out that every time I moved the headphone jack around, the song would change (even with the system closed). I unplugged them, cleaned the cord & jack, and put them back in, and everything returned to normal.

This is even weirder than a couple months back, when the music would keep going with the system shut, even though I wasn't using earphones. Anybody else experience something like this?
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
4 years ago#2
I have experienced some song skipping, but I thought it was just a failure to read the SD card. Only time it keeps going without headphones with the system closed is if I leave it too near my DS lite... the song skipping doesn't occur often for me though - and I'm using the 3DS as my main portable music player since launch.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
4 years ago#3
I thought maybe it could be the awesome power of magnets... but both times my system was nowhere near a magnet.
---
Official King of PotD
4 years ago#4
bump
---
Official King of PotD
4 years ago#5
you probibly have a intermitent short in your headphones. And this is telling your 3ds to change tracks just like it would if you were pushing a button on a set of ipod headphones that have a buttons for changing track or volume. (if the button on the ipod headphones is for volume then it's being interpurted as change tracks on the 3ds.)

So i suppose if you got a set of ipod headphones that have all those buttons it might be convenent to use on a 3ds. (Get one with a mic since i know for a fact that an iphone compatable headset with a mic will work and let you use the headsets mic over the inbuilt 3ds one. I just haven't been able to check farther then the cheap headphones i bought to see if a built in headphone mic would work. These headphones only had an answer button, which on the 3ds music player pauses and unpauses playback.)
(edited by Playsaver)
4 years ago#6
I didn't know they made earphones like that.
---
Official King of PotD
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Something really weird happened with my 3DS Sound last night.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived