Just bought a 3DS -- question concerning accessory

#1LordFluxPosted 7/8/2011 11:03:21 AM
I just recently bought a 3DS and I am loving all of the new features over my fat DS unit. However, I'm having trouble holding the unit.

Thought maybe it was because I was accustomed to my old unit, so I used it for several hours over the past few days to see if my hands could adjust.

It still feels uncomfortable and awkward.

I saw a couple of 'Comfort Grip' accessories on Amazon. Has anyone tried one of these? What are your impressions?
#2lipnox88Posted 7/8/2011 12:48:10 PM
Better to get the Nyko power booster that has been said to double the battery life of the 3ds as well as give it a great grip at the bottom. there apparently cheaper then the cost of a 3ds game too.
---
PSN: Lipnox Games: KZ3, UC2, LPB2, RDR, Re5, Sega Racing, Dungeon Hunter, Warhawk, Modern combat, Fat princess. Upcoming: Duke Nukem, UC3Beta. Feel free to add
#3Spiffy247Posted 7/8/2011 12:52:07 PM
I have the nyko power pak+, and it does add a bit of thickness with grips on the bottom, and more battery life. Which is great. Keep in mind there have been some problems with changing the battery, so dn't do it without research.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#4LordFlux(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 1:15:34 PM
Sounds great! I'll look into it. Thanks!
#5trizznillaPosted 7/8/2011 1:28:51 PM
I got a Nyko for the extra battery life, but it makes it easier to hold as a bonus. When you install it, just be sure to squeeze it really firmly against the machine as you put the screws in. Particularly the ones by the right bumper.
---
hardcore about the casual.