Amazing Resident Evil Revelations Footage!

#21OmegaZero633Posted 7/8/2011 7:42:11 PM
Looks great. Can't wait for it. :D
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#22lambchipsPosted 7/8/2011 7:51:03 PM
looks like they fixed walking through the doors

also seems like no more melee (back to traditional style, shoot them till they drop)
i just hope there are segments where enemies will keep respawing when that area is reentered (this way the more you backtrack the more ammo is wasted)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#23gransPosted 7/9/2011 5:28:52 AM

Wow...the uploader is one big fanboy lol.

I think he meant the atmosphere makes it look better, not the graphics themselves. Besides the lower polygon count and the resolution though, this game does indeed look very close to RE5. So even that isn't too much of a stretch.

I like the room with the fog. Another great use of the 3DS' power besides all we've already seen.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#24wave1000Posted 7/9/2011 6:12:53 AM
I kinda wish they do both. I would like the slow pace game back but I also want the executioner's and chainsaw dudes to break down the door while Im in a small hall and just run at me. I hope RE6 can mix both because I like both styles of RE.

Just imagine having to do one of those puzzles with Super Salvador at the door with saw in hand. That will put some pep in you step.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#25Wiiplayer111Posted 7/9/2011 6:49:30 AM
I'm just really hoping they can salvage the good stuff out of 4 + 5 and put it back into survival horror from the old days.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
#26MRW1215Posted 7/9/2011 7:30:42 AM
I really like that it seems more like old school Resident Evil (minus the fixed cameras), what with smaller environments, and more puzzle-like elements. I hope this is indicative of the entire game.

I was a bit surprised about some things, though. For one, it was kind of odd that enemies didn't seem to follow the player if they moved to another room. I wonder if this is because it's still a demo, or if they're just going for more of a "it's up to you whether to fight or run away" approach.

I was also kind of shocked by how many bullets (from the pistol) it took to down one of the enemies. Seems like it took upwards of 5-6 shots, whereas, in RE4 and 5, it seemed like you could take out the standard enemies with 2-3 shots. Maybe I just remember wrong? I dunno, but if this is going to be the case, hopefully they give enough ammo to be able to fight all these things.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/MRW812158
http://backloggery.com/mrw1215
#27pnututPosted 7/9/2011 8:08:34 AM
Wow! This is looking great. It's an instabuy for me when it comes out.

Oh...and the aiming and movement control scheme seems like it works well. At least from the video, that appears to be so.
---
What did I do now?
#28Cave_LionPosted 7/9/2011 8:34:24 AM
Jungle swamp whatever. I should said a RE game that doesn't involve being set in sunlight for most of the damn game.
---
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/upload/img_200/Neptune-spot.jpg
NEPTUNE