3d looks better to me than higher quality graphics

#1BladinPosted 7/8/2011 2:42:39 PM
I love 3d not just because its a gimmick, or because seeing depth helps gameplay(honestly it doesn't help me at all). But it just looks better, for example in oot the 3d makes it look better, than even the uncharted vita game(I love uncharted too gonna be a day 1 buy for me.) And I won't argue that its higher quality, and comparing 2d screenshots I would say the difference is obvious.

But it doesnt change the fact that to me, and only to me I won't ever say that this isn't my opinion, but during gameplay with 3d oot looks a lot better, because of the 3d, it has nothing to do with "quality" but with the actual appearance.

Which leads me to the point, why are all 3ds vita comparison topics only talking about base visual quality and completely ignoring 3d as anything related to graphics.
#2MattperdPosted 7/8/2011 2:45:33 PM
Wow. Once you being it up, I gotta agree. Nice one.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#3SShredder565Posted 7/8/2011 2:49:21 PM
To me when 3D is on while playing OoT it doesn't look technically better, but it sure is more immersive.

The lack of anti-aliasing is both positive and negative though. It looks sharper, but there are more jaggies.
#4OmegaZero633Posted 7/8/2011 2:50:05 PM
Because 3D is "just a gimmick".

Just like color screens. Color doesn't work for everyone (color blind people) and is only a visual enhancement, like HD or 3D. Yet, no one uses color screens as an excuse, and the concept is now used everywhere.

It should be noted that the average person sees in color, and in 3D.

Personally, I like how 3D enhances the realism of the games visuals.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#5nowplzdie69Posted 7/8/2011 2:52:27 PM
I agree. The graphics on the vita might be superior but I feel the 3d on the 3ds makes the games so much more immersive.

When I put the 3ds on 2d I cant take how flat and dull it looks compared to 3d. I want the Vita a lot also but even though it has much better graphics, I feel like the 3ds is still going to feel like a better pure gaming machine due to the much more immersive experience Ive had with the 3d

You can get console quality games on either of these new systems and thats what I love about the new handheld war
#6PhantomSwordPosted 7/8/2011 2:55:38 PM
OmegaZero633 posted...

Just like color screens. Color doesn't work for everyone (color blind people) and is only a visual enhancement, like HD or 3D. Yet, no one uses color screens as an excuse, and the concept is now used everywhere.

It's not "just a gimmick." It allows new styles and such to games. Just because people can't use it doesn't mean that it is a gimmick.

Your color example, for example. Color can indicate different things to people - it doesn't just improve visuals. In real life, color helps us to identify things that may be poisonous or otherwise dangerous to us. In games, they can do exactly the same thing.

By such an example, you might as well say that visuals themselves are gimmicks - some people can't see them, after all. And it is fully possible to make games without them.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#7Bladin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 2:58:25 PM
When you say its more immersive isn't that the goal of graphics to immerse you more in the game world. If that is true wouldn't the fact that oot with lower quality texture etc wise but with 3d immerse you more mean that to you that 3d to you is more important and better for you., during acyal gameplay
#8OmegaZero633Posted 7/8/2011 3:04:25 PM
PhantomSword posted...
By such an example, you might as well say that visuals themselves are gimmicks - some people can't see them, after all. And it is fully possible to make games without them.

That's the idea. :D

And when I said it was 'just a gimmick', I was quoting the popular opinion.
Being a gimmick isn't bad, you know. People just take it as such.

I'm a fan of 3D myself, and was trying to give an example of how 3D might become as widespread as color screens. ^_^
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#9AzoemiaPosted 7/8/2011 3:10:18 PM
PhantomSword posted...
OmegaZero633 posted...

It's not "just a gimmick." It allows new styles and such to games. Just because people can't use it doesn't mean that it is a gimmick.

Your color example, for example. Color can indicate different things to people - it doesn't just improve visuals. In real life, color helps us to identify things that may be poisonous or otherwise dangerous to us. In games, they can do exactly the same thing.

we are not caveman though, our color skills has not much to do with our survival anymore, the chances of finding a poisonous frog it pretty damn slim, and in games is pretty obvious what you are ment to attack and you can probably guess that without the color
#10Bladin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 3:19:55 PM
There are plenty of games though that use color to differentiate things, you can't say that there are no games that would be significantly harder to play without color. For example guitar hero, my friend is colorblind and he says he has a hard time playing hard/expert but he still can do it if he tries hard.