Crooked top half?

#1OmegaZero633Posted 7/8/2011 2:58:58 PM
Me and my little brother both noticed that the top section of our blue 3DSs was crooked.
If looked at head-on. one can see that the left rubber bumper is about 1mm from the bottom half of the 3DS when closed. Anyone else notice this?
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#2ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/8/2011 3:07:57 PM
Mine is fine. I don't see anything like this.The rubber is probably just moved slightly.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.
#3OmegaZero633(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 3:09:19 PM
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Mine is fine. I don't see anything like this.The rubber is probably just moved slightly.

Cool. I hope that it won't leave top screen marks though. :/
---
#4enigmatic alexPosted 7/8/2011 6:31:58 PM
TC are you the same guy in that other topic that made your younger brother (around 12) pay for half the cost of the system?
---
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin
#5OmegaZero633(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 7:39:09 PM
enigmatic alex posted...
TC are you the same guy in that other topic that made your younger brother (around 12) pay for half the cost of the system?

Well, yes and no.
Yes, because my younger brother did pay for about half of it. But it was because I got him a PSP a while ago with MGS: Peace Walker, which cost me about $150. So he agreed to pay me back somehow later down the line. And he did, so we're cool. :)

But no because my younger brother is 16 (and was 15 when we purchased the 3DS). Which is a bit older then 12. So, if we might be talking about two different people. o.o

What really sucked was that we expected to pay a lot less money because we were planning to trade in some of our old DSs and DS lites, but the number on the back had magically rubbed off, and we did not own the original boxes or receipts. :(

Does any of that answer your question?
---
#6ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/8/2011 7:41:03 PM
Sure fire way to know if the top screen is actually mis shaped or something. Go buy a crystal case. The 3ds should fit snug in it.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.
#7enigmatic alexPosted 7/9/2011 1:18:39 PM
OmegaZero633 posted...
enigmatic alex posted...

Well, yes and no.
Yes, because my younger brother did pay for about half of it. But it was because I got him a PSP a while ago with MGS: Peace Walker, which cost me about $150. So he agreed to pay me back somehow later down the line. And he did, so we're cool. :)

But no because my younger brother is 16 (and was 15 when we purchased the 3DS). Which is a bit older then 12. So, if we might be talking about two different people. o.o

What really sucked was that we expected to pay a lot less money because we were planning to trade in some of our old DSs and DS lites, but the number on the back had magically rubbed off, and we did not own the original boxes or receipts. :(

Does any of that answer your question?

lol it sure does, that was very descriptive. was just curious as another guy made a huge topic about a 3ds (might have been on the zelda board) but his brother that paid half was 12, and everyone was freaking out, "how did ur 12 year old brother get a job?" :P
---
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin
#8Gavin_RozeePosted 7/9/2011 2:17:13 PM
Mine is the same. The left hinge is pretty wiggly too. What I did was remove the black rubber pads to the left and right of the top screen, apply some double sided tape to the bottoms of them and then stick them back down. Now both sides appear to close all the way and it's also reduced those lines/scratches caused by the touch screen frame rubbing against the top screen when closed.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#9enigmatic alexPosted 7/9/2011 4:20:41 PM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
Mine is the same. The left hinge is pretty wiggly too. What I did was remove the black rubber pads to the left and right of the top screen, apply some double sided tape to the bottoms of them and then stick them back down. Now both sides appear to close all the way and it's also reduced those lines/scratches caused by the touch screen frame rubbing against the top screen when closed.

i get those lines too, well on my screen protector at least.... 3ds is the first system that i feel a screen protector is required for the top screen (besides the regular ds touchscreen)
---