Use 3DS as a webcam possible?

#1Red OrcPosted 7/8/2011 11:01:07 PM
Doubtful.
Is there a website I could access with my 3DS and set it up as a live streaming webcam?

Nintendo probably does not want their device used for what would inevitably be used for adult purposes. I don't think the 3DS web browser will allow any website to access anything more than the SDcard for saving.
#2KorlithielPosted 7/8/2011 11:10:26 PM
Definitely not, the web browser is sandboxed and so doesn't have access to enough system resources let alone access to so much as running a program from the SD card; running a program from either the SD card or firmware would likely be necessary to do so anyways, just due to overall requirements.

So I'm sticking with no. And no real reason, since the camera's are really low quality.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#3xCha0sPosted 7/8/2011 11:20:43 PM
theyre only low quality if you compare them to a non-low quality camera. if you compare them to another low quality camera, theyre pretty good!
#4KorlithielPosted 7/8/2011 11:26:29 PM
I compare them to what I felt was a low quality camera that's built into my laptop. Since I used to love photography, if I compared to what I feel is a decent camera the cameras in the 3DS seem downright worthless.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#5OverlordAlikPosted 7/8/2011 11:26:42 PM
suppose its possible, but you know Nintendo and their fear of stuff being misused.

still would be cool, you see that starfox 3d demo? showcases the possibillities.
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#6Someguy_13Posted 7/8/2011 11:55:34 PM
Well Pokemon Black/White has video chat...
---
Brawl FC: 1633-3855-5205
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7BossBangPosted 7/9/2011 12:53:30 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
Well Pokemon Black/White has video chat...

The most useless feature of ALL TIME.

You can only use it when your right next to someone.

And when you DO use it, its super choppy, showing you stills taken from the other persons camera every 3-4 seconds. Thats really ALL it is. They have the voice chat in there in the background giving the illusion of video, but the cake is a LIE!
---
"Everybody has an opinion. Just some people try harder to shove it down your throat than others."