Anyone still hyped up for MGS 3D?

#1angelskynianPosted 7/9/2011 3:50:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bZy1DwFTAdw

*Crosses off MGS 3D off the list*
Will get the superior and non lazy port HD version.
---
This is all an illusion. But there is truth within illusions. And when the illusion fades. The truth will still resonate within you.
#2Blaze627Posted 7/9/2011 3:55:59 AM
Yean, it's bit disappointing that it didn't turn out as well as the Naked Sample tech demo. Still might pick up the 3DS version (in addition to the HD remastering) just for the sake of having a portable version, though.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#3Godstriker8Posted 7/9/2011 4:19:29 AM
Sadly, i'm probably gonna get the MGS collection. But imma gonna be pissed if I need to redo Peace Walker to get the trophies.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
If you believe in Zeus, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/9/2011 5:27:00 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna get the MGS Collection on PS3 myself. This kinda looks shoddy in a way, rather a shame because the 3DS is MUCH more capable than this.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#5gransPosted 7/9/2011 5:32:33 AM
It's still early, but this so far screams a lazy port job by Konami. The likely scenario was that after the demo they showed last year, they decided to just outsource the port to a lesser talented division of Konami. It's also somewhat likely that the HD versions helped fashion this decision (perhaps they want people to choose those over this one). Laziness all the way.

They could still easily optimize the game by the time it's released, but it has framerate issues and lower res textures so far. Not at all what the 3DS can really do. Shame. Still looks nice, but it's disappointing that Konami and even Kojima decided to just take the lazy route out.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6lambchipsPosted 7/9/2011 5:37:05 AM
i just hope they add touchscreen aiming (that alone will probably get me to buy the game)
but if they dont include touchscreen aiming i'll probably just skip it and stick to the ps2 version

if i wanted the ps2 mgs experience, i'll just play that version
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#7andodelPosted 7/9/2011 5:50:59 AM
It looks pretty good in my opinion, although I do agree that at least an option for touchscreen aiming would be great.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#8wave1000Posted 7/9/2011 5:56:16 AM
Anyone knows who is doing this port?

I guess people will soon see porting games to a 3D handheld is not easy because they still have the make the stupid game in 3D. This is something Nintendo Im sure did not think about because all there games look like mario kart so thats easy to make in 3D but what about everyone else.

If Tekken 3D looks like crap I will lose all hope in 3DS ports.

I be glad when devs turn off the 3D and us all the 3DS power because that 3D is killing the ports.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#9OmegaZero633Posted 7/9/2011 10:35:24 AM
I'm still hyped. MGS3 is one of my favorite games, but I only own a PS2, Wii, PSP and 3DS.

I loved taking Peace Walker wherever I went, and this looks like it'll be way better in my opinion.
Plus, I was never expecting MGS3 to look like the Naked Sample demo.
MGS3 has never had a perfect framerate and the 3DS version actual shows slight improvements from the PS2 version if you look carefully.
Normal maps on Snake seem to be better, for example, if you look at the scene in the E3 trailer where he jumps off the plane.
Still a must buy in my book. :D
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#10NickyTheNewtPosted 7/9/2011 10:42:21 AM
I'll probably read the reviews. If it's not good, I'll just get the HD Collection.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ueicrl.png 3DS Friend Code: 2621-2609-5041 (Nick)
http://i53.tinypic.com/55h0ya.jpg