3DS made for Pokemon?

#41Boomer_KuwangaPosted 7/15/2011 8:42:50 AM
omniryu posted...
yea, but the thing is it has built-in wifi. I don't see the point in having it.

The actual cart for B/W contains it's own IR transmitter because it's a method for ensuring that people use a legit cart. It's an anti piracy scheme, nothing more. You'll likely see it in the next pokemon game as well, since it worked pretty well.
---
"It was really great, stealing zombie Jesus's legendary Horse Wiener."
#42omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 8:46:22 AM
Boomer_Kuwanga posted...
omniryu posted...
yea, but the thing is it has built-in wifi. I don't see the point in having it.

The actual cart for B/W contains it's own IR transmitter because it's a method for ensuring that people use a legit cart. It's an anti piracy scheme, nothing more. You'll likely see it in the next pokemon game as well, since it worked pretty well.

Grey or 3DS?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; pkmn White FC: 3997 6383 0943
3DS FC: 1160 9831 1358
#43iGenesisPosted 7/15/2011 11:23:45 AM

I know the Director of Animal Crossing and Mario Kart (Konno) was in charge of the 3DS development. But why do I feel The hardware was made for Pokemon?

because Game Freak generates a lot of revenue for Nintendo and hence Nintendo bows down to their demands.

Hopefully they actually make a 3D pokemon game that doesn't involve gameplay from 1996.

*thumbs up*

With remakes in between both of those releases.

and third versions. Since 2008, "mainline series" Pokemon has become an annual rehash franchise.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#44CrazyhaxPosted 7/15/2011 11:55:37 AM

Has GameFreak ever really shown concern over the competitive battle scene?

And how do you absolutely know adding another attack or making some kind of special attack slot would ruin it? I don't think it would.

Yeah, they practically overhaul the competitive scene every generation. But nobody but real fans really notices it because everyone else is too busy fussing about how the single-player gameplay is too similar.

And yes, adding just one more slot would be much too lenient than it needs to be.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506
#45theshovellerPosted 7/15/2011 12:12:31 PM
Keep in mind I don't like Pokemon, but I think I can still make an argument over why the 3DS wasn't made specifically suited for Pokemon games.

Was the PS3 made specifically for Resistance? I mean, it used the sixaxis motion control, and all the buttons, and had online play, AND used an HD resolution. Was the 360 made specifically for Halo? I mean, you can have parties, and it used the rumble and all the buttons on the controller, and utilized the online, and had HD resolutions. Was the Wii made specifically for Metroid Prime 3? I mean, it used the Wiimote to aim, and the motion sensor in both that and the Nunchuck, and utilized the friend code system.

Nintendo just threw in a bunch of features to ensure they had options available - at least, that's my assessment. Wifi means you can go online without even needing anything special - even internet access, since you can go to a cafe (somewhat populous outside of Japan) or just about anywhere in Japan and you're connected to a public access point. I wasn't aware that it had IR, but they could make an application that would enable it to be used with the Wii or something. The motion sensor they've already put to use with their games and whatnot - the whole "stepcoins" thing is probably Nintendo's way of getting people to take it with them when they go out and about. The 3D is what the next big video advancement is, along with cheaper OLEDs (which the Vita uses.) The touch screen is their attempt at being "gimmicky enough" to draw in people who might not play games nearly as often, and to keep the feature from the DS line.

But that's just my opinion. Just because you want it to be made specially for something you love, doesn't mean it is. I would love to say that Tron Legacy is the reason why 3DTV is making a big push now and why companies got it out the door, but it just isn't there - it's just the next step of things.
#46omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 1:38:08 PM
Majority of the feature for 3DS are already there or Suited for it. What game besides pokemon uses the IR and Pedometer? What will be the best or most use street pass game data?

Pokemon B/W, Pokemon walker, and trading pokemons!

Sure you have DQ and Zelda for Tag mode and Street Pass, but they have nothing on Pokemon.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; pkmn White FC: 3997 6383 0943
3DS FC: 1160 9831 1358