Pictochat 2.0

#1BossBangPosted 7/9/2011 11:49:33 AM(edited)
How many of you would like to see Pictochat redesigned and implemented in the 3ds menu? And if so, what kind of features would you like to see?

This would be my ideal setup. This time PC 2.0 would be usable over Nintendo WFC to contact anyone on your friends list. The SpotPass/Street Pass icon would now include NetPass, which is used to send messages to your friends, as well as invites to a Pictochat 2.0 chat room. NetPass would also handle friend requests, which would be sent in game by tapping icons next to the players name. If the request is accepted, the 3ds registers the friend codes in both systems.

When you receive a message from your friend or an invite, the LED on the side of the system alternates blinking blue and green to indicate a message. PC 2.0 should be usable anytime from the Home menu, including in game. It could also run via ad-hoc over streetpass, similar to the original pictochat, thus not being restricted to wifi for functionality. The creator of a chat room has control over what kinds of communication is allowed in the chat room, and can kick people. They can enable or disable the onscreen keyboard, the drawing pad, posting photos from the cameras, or VoIP voice chat. All chat participants can mute anybody in the room, and with a majority vote can kick someone from the chat room. With later updates, Video Chat would be added, but only in a chat room with two participants.

What do you guys think?
---
"Everybody has an opinion. Just some people try harder to shove it down your throat than others."
#2OmegaZero633Posted 7/9/2011 11:53:13 AM
Sounds great. If it ever happens, I'll eat my hat, though. o.o
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#3panama_chiefPosted 7/9/2011 11:53:16 AM
Makes too much sense to be done properly. Expect inadequate version at a point when no one cares.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#4BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 11:58:55 AM
I feel that if Nintendo did this, it would completely slay the Vita in terms of social networking for the device. Not only would you have simple friend messaging, but you would have a place where gamers can meet together and just start talking. Like a board or forum for people you met online, but with instant messaging. Combine that with the cameras, voice chat, and the touch screen, and you have the ultimate video game chatting device.

If they made it so you add someone to your friends list over StreetPass somehow it would be even better.
---
"Everybody has an opinion. Just some people try harder to shove it down your throat than others."
#5omniryuPosted 7/9/2011 11:59:55 AM
????? Spotpass is exactly like your Netpass concept. It just Nintendo never bother to implement private message.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; pkmn White FC: 3997 6383 0943
3DS FC: 1160 9831 1358
#6BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 12:09:17 PM(edited)
omniryu posted...
????? Spotpass is exactly like your Netpass concept. It just Nintendo never bother to implement private message.

SpotPass is reserved for Nintendo and game developers to send out announcements, DLC, and updates for games or system software. It's not really designed for friends. The light blinks blue for SpotPass and orange for friends. To leave Spotpass the way it is I suggested Netpass, so that way theres a place completely dedicated to online communication.
---
#7Cave_LionPosted 7/9/2011 12:09:51 PM
I say make a system where you can chat with FRIENDS only first and then add that stuff later. I want to be able to message my friends on the 3DS while they are friggin online without having to text them or go on Facebook/forum or crap like that.

Leave forums and chat to Facebok/PC's. It would be nice but lets take a small step first.
---
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/upload/img_200/Neptune-spot.jpg
NEPTUNE
#8ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/9/2011 2:49:54 PM
I could talk to people and draw stupid stuff with friends.

I demand this.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.