REs Evil 3DS has no erase save feature?

#1JP_SartrePosted 7/10/2011 9:51:23 AM
Read this in 1up.com review.

Are they serious? So you buy this game, it will have ZERO trade-in value. Who would buy this used? I will never buy any game from Capcom again, this is a pathetic attempt at killing the used game market.

So 1up reviewer gave this game a D-. That means that Capcom will release utter CRAP and you will be stuck with it. GS will not accept a game that can't be reset for a new player. This is the most shameless ripoff in video game history and nobody is even talking about it.

From the 1up review:

"Like I said before, there is some fun to be found in The Mercenaries 3D; and if you find someone else unfortunate enough to have also bought this game, you can always try the game's co-op mode at whatever support group you plan to attend together. But it's hard to shake the feeling that Mercenaries 3D is the slimy result of a Capcom executive meeting titled, "What can we get away with this time?" Add in the fact that the game basically has no resale value, and you're left with a worthless chunk of plastic that would probably poison you if it could. Like toxic waste, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is a disposable byproduct that can't even be disposed of properly."

Absolutely pathetic.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97
#2LordAndrewPosted 7/10/2011 9:53:49 AM
You didn't know this? I could have sworn you've previouly commented in one of the many previous topics. I have a bad memory, I guess.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#3Nin3DSFanPosted 7/10/2011 9:54:45 AM
This is old news, however, some good news is that the company known in full as Capsule Computer Limited <___<, said that this will never happen again.
#4NekoakumaPosted 7/10/2011 9:57:01 AM
how many times is this discussed on this site.. >.>

RE is a score-based game, not a story one, so nothing of value is there to be lost by not having an erase data function.

"This is not true. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is a non-linear experience where there is no set end to the game. It is a score attack game and progression is defined as improving upon previous high scores. Players can replay each mission as many times as they like to continually challenge themselves to improve."
[sourced from: http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/27944601/About_the_Save_Data_(Official)]

Just like arcade score/time-based shooters.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#5JP_Sartre(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 10:01:12 AM
From a GS employee- (I live two blocks from a GS)- They do not accept RE: 3DS for trade in, because of the lack of save erase feature.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97
#6GM_Posted 7/10/2011 10:02:19 AM
This just in, RE is the only game ever to not have an erase save feature.

Pokemon is the same way and always has been.
#7NekoakumaPosted 7/10/2011 10:04:04 AM
GM_ posted...
This just in, RE is the only game ever to not have an erase save feature.

Pokemon is the same way and always has been.

...Pokemon can erase data. (Or at least, overwrite previous save data)
---
#8LordAndrewPosted 7/10/2011 10:04:10 AM
GameStop? Didn't they reach a deal with Capsule Computers whereby they will erase the save files of used games so they can be resold?
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#9JP_Sartre(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 10:10:54 AM
LordAndrew posted...
GameStop? Didn't they reach a deal with Capsule Computers whereby they will erase the save files of used games so they can be resold?

Apparently the game is NOT ERASABLE. That means NO TRADE IN. So if this trend is allowed to continue, Nobody will have to make a decent game. You hear the hype, buy the game, it blows chunks and you are stuck with it for eternity.

At least with marriage there's divorce- If this becomes the future of games, I will simply stop buying them and play my guitar more.
---
-Perrywinkle97
#10NekoakumaPosted 7/10/2011 10:13:04 AM
JP_Sartre posted...
LordAndrew posted...

Apparently the game is NOT ERASABLE. That means NO TRADE IN. So if this trend is allowed to continue, Nobody will have to make a decent game. You hear the hype, buy the game, it blows chunks and you are stuck with it for eternity.

At least with marriage there's divorce- If this becomes the future of games, I will simply stop buying them and play my guitar more.

Most PC games aren't accepted as trade-ins already.
Looks like you should pick up more than just the guitar.
---