How do you put .mp3s on here, if you can? What do you use to play them?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do you put .mp3s on here, if you can? What do you use to play them?
4 years ago#1
3DS sound or whatever...? Just put your SD card in your computer or connect your DS to your computer and go...? I searched the sticky and found nothing.
---
XBL Gamertag - AwesomeOG
Current Games SSFIV, MvC3, Halo:Reach, Pokemon White
4 years ago#2
3DS Sound plays them. Stick the files on the SD card. Not in any particular directory, just not the existing ones.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
4 years ago#3
I created a MUSIC folder on the SD card (WIth computer) and copied some MP3s in there.. After that simply start Nintendo 3DS sound (Blue icon)
Note that a Music folder isn't required, the music player will scan the entire SD card for music/sound files.

I donno what kind of music files are supported so just keep them MP3 just in case :)
4 years ago#4
ChikaraX posted...
I created a MUSIC folder on the SD card (WIth computer) and copied some MP3s in there.. After that simply start Nintendo 3DS sound (Blue icon)
Note that a Music folder isn't required, the music player will scan the entire SD card for music/sound files.

I donno what kind of music files are supported so just keep them MP3 just in case :)

In terms of actual file extensions (as in the little bit after a filename, e.g. something.mp3), the 3DS can play .mp3, .aac, .mp4, .m4a, and .3gp (and maybe a couple I missed)
4 years ago#5
Sigh~ it brought me a bit of ire when I discovered most of my music files were in the .wma format
---
apples bananas peaches
My karma was 666 on May 7th 2011, May 10th 2011
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do you put .mp3s on here, if you can? What do you use to play them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived