What RPG's have been announced for the 3DS?

#21SimpleStar010Posted 7/10/2011 6:10:09 PM
I would say Time Travelers, though that is what is called Action game. Looks more of an RPG game to me.
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#22QuaintedPosted 7/11/2011 10:43:02 AM
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars counts.

Although it's not strictly for 3DS, you'll be able to play Devil Survivor 2 when it comes out (currently slated for American release in Q1 2012).
#23Megaman OmegaPosted 7/11/2011 3:07:42 PM
SimpleStar010 posted...
I would say Time Travelers, though that is what is called Action game. Looks more of an RPG game to me.

Well, "Action" doesn't really exist as a genre anymore. Most of these games fit in a different category. What was called action back then can be pretty much anything nowadays (Action RPG, racing, simulation, sports, RTS, FPS, arcade, etc.)
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#24SimpleStar010Posted 7/11/2011 3:11:03 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
SimpleStar010 posted...

Well, "Action" doesn't really exist as a genre anymore. Most of these games fit in a different category. What was called action back then can be pretty much anything nowadays (Action RPG, racing, simulation, sports, RTS, FPS, arcade, etc.)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking I was going to put it in the category Action RPG, though knowing people on gamefaqs, they would've corrected me and said it was just Action >.>
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#25Rune_SchismPosted 7/11/2011 3:23:52 PM
shahed1987 posted...
SShredder565 posted...
Where'd you here that about Heroes of Ruin? I'm really interested in the game. Drop in/out online multiplayer + the RPG aspects we love + randomly generated dungeons = awesome. It would be a shame if they relied on StreetPass though. You don't take your handheld out of the house for Spot Pass though (unless you don't have a router). All you do is connect to wifi and you receive a form of DLC through Spot Pass. That would be pretty cool in Heroes of Ruin. I wouldn't mind little bonuses through Street Pass, but I wouldn't like game changing items to be exclusive to Street Pass. Can I have a link to see what you read?

To be honest I didn't research it in depth. I just did a quick google and Wikipedia check.

However even if the Core of the game is still fine, I'd hate the idea of there being content I couldn't access beacuse I don't take my 3DS to work lol.

I can use Spot Pass fine, it's the Street Pass I'm worried about.

Based on other games that have come out using street pass thus far I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure most devs realize it isn't something usable by the whole user base for whatever reason and the content is either compleatly unrelated to main game(SF4) or you can" trade" items away that you don"t lose(samurai warriors). Due to the nature of the service it's hard to have something that is exclusive to it, because it has to start somewhere.
#26TrekCyclingPosted 7/11/2011 4:06:26 PM
SMT: Devil Survivor is amazing. It's not really an SRPG. It's more like a cross between a light strategy game, a pokemon-like mechanic where you collect demons you fight with, and a standard RPG. And it's got a really cool story, music, etc. You'll like it.

Also there are tons of games for the DS. Mario and Luigi, Radiant Historia and many others.
---
XBox Live Gamer Tag: DSGamerish - PSN: DSGamerGWJ