You know what Nintendo needs to put out?

#1lordivan2008Posted 7/10/2011 5:10:14 PM
Find the people who made Legend Of Zelda: Parallel Worlds, pay them a butt-load of money to put it out on the e-shop/vc. Those of you who haven't tried it need to. It is a game someone made with sprites and graphics from Link To The Past with a totally original storyline which is darker than other Zeldas, and it's challenging too.
---
"It's Feeding time Boys!!!" - Zombie Giant Man
#2VyersPosted 7/10/2011 5:12:37 PM
Parallel Worlds was okay, but it's not up to Zelda quality standards.

...Which is what I'd say before the Zelda quality standards were dropped with TP's release.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#3MattperdPosted 7/10/2011 5:15:48 PM
Vyers posted...
Parallel Worlds was okay, but it's not up to Zelda quality standards.

...Which is what I'd say before the Zelda quality standards were dropped with TP's release.

Lol let's not lie to the boy now, he was being serious, let's give him serious information.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#4lordivan2008(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 5:18:25 PM
LOL I know what you mean. Although I liked TP better than the Cel-Shaded Zeldas. I just hated having a Hobbit-Like Link afther having an Elvish Link (Only way I can describe them)in OOT and MM.
---
"It's Feeding time Boys!!!" - Zombie Giant Man
#5VyersPosted 7/10/2011 5:26:56 PM
Twilight Princess is generally regarded as the fall of the series. While it may arguably look better in certain respects, it was way too unfocused gameplay-wise.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#6SocialAssassinPosted 7/11/2011 6:26:16 AM
PARALLEL WORLDS!

---
Hoist the colours high!
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story.
#7ja_schafferPosted 7/11/2011 10:28:16 AM
Vyers posted...
Twilight Princess is generally regarded as the fall of the series. While it may arguably look better in certain respects, it was way too unfocused gameplay-wise.

I think Zelda fans are in disagreement.
---
This message was posted from Lynx.
All other browsers are for quitters.
#8darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/11/2011 10:33:22 AM
"Unfocused game-play wise"

^What does that even mean?
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#9marsboy12345Posted 7/11/2011 10:39:31 AM
They would need to get licensing rights from the company that made Zelda.
Zelda: Parallel Worlds was made unofficially and did not have licensing rights, so Zelda: Parallel Worlds was infringing copyright laws is thus illegal.
---
My other Gamefaqs account is GSDarkDawn.
#10VyersPosted 7/11/2011 3:28:58 PM
The notion that there's any focus to TP's gameplay is absurd. For comparison...

One can reach the first dungeon of Ocarina of Time in 10 minutes. One can reach the first dungeon of A Link to the Past in five. In TP, you take about five hours to reach your first dungeon. TP is defined by its huge landscapes that have very little to them, yet require your constant attention. Outside of the dungeons, the level design for Twilight Princess is sorely lacking. The wolf form feels nothing like an actual gameplay innovation or change-up; Wolf Link is just Link on four legs. He might be able to use gimmicks such as sniffing out scents, but you could have just given him the Pig's Mask from Majora's Mask and cut the only interesting thing out from Wolf Link. If you compare Wolf Link to Amaterasu from Okamiden, Amaterasu is an incredibly agile beast, tearing through the countryside at intense speeds and leaping higher and farther than any human could ever accomplish. In Twilight Princess, Wolf Link never exceeds the abilities of a basic wolf - normally. I mean, why can Wolf Link jump to incredible heights when Midna prompts him to, but never when the player wants him to? Because of lazy level design.

TP did absolutely nothing to innovate the series, and arguably held it back in so many ways. It was the first of the series to really demonstrate how weary a player can get at the same tired design. Collect map, collect compass, collect big key, collect dungeon item, use dungeon item on boss. Never before, however, have I found a Zelda game that abandons as many items that you receive as Twilight Princess does. The Ball and Chain is rarely necessary after the dungeon you receive it in; the Dominion Rod was completely used for the gimmick of the dungeon (and may as well have not been an item that you can keep); the Spinner, while very cool in the dungeon you receive it in, is almost completely worthless aside from random spinner tracks that lead to a Piece of Heart or useless Rupees. When you look at what are important items to completing the game, you see: Bombs, Bow & Arrows, Gale Boomerang, etc. The TP team basically designed the game around the basic puzzle-solving items, and didn't bother to design the game around the new ones.

As a point of reference, let's look up the game that preceded TP's release, The Minish Cap. The first new item that you ever receive is the Gust Jar. After you leave the dungeon, the Gust Jar is a valuable item for the rest of the game. Some dungeons utilize its propulsion ability, while other dungeons (and overworld areas) allow it to be used to stretch a nearby mushroom closer to fling across a pit. It can also clean up dust off of the ground to reveal hidden switches or treasure chests, a puzzle which is utilized throughout the game. Next is the Cane of Pacci. It is also utilized commonly throughout the game; it can be used to flip things over such as platforms or certain shrinking spots, and can also be used by shooting into a hole, having Link fall into the hole, and causing the trapped energy to launch Link into the air, allowing him to reach a higher platform. And then we have the third new item for Minish Cap: the Mole Mitts. They allow Link to burrow through certain walls, and again, are consistently used throughout the game. If we compare it to TP's new items - the Spinner, the Dominion Rod, and the Ball and Chain - TP definitely comes up short.
---