Best games on the eShop/Virtual Console?

#1Don_Equals_B7Posted 7/10/2011 6:04:48 PM
Anything worth getting?
---
Sager NP9262 | Q6600 @ 2.4GHz | 8800M GTX 512MB | 4GB DDR2 800MHz | 17" WUXGA | Windows 7 Pro x64
http://i34.tinypic.com/6tic6h.gif
#2Esquire373Posted 7/10/2011 6:06:20 PM
Donkey Kong and Zelda:links awakening.
#3oH_HydraPosted 7/10/2011 6:38:21 PM
Nothings reeeeeallllllly worth it there all over priced!

Just wait till there some really good titles nows not worth it, nintendo is trying to get every penny they can outta the crappy games 1st before they put anything really worth playing up.

That's how they do things and make the most outta there products
---
Sent from my 3DS
www.NYComics.us
#4GeekyDadPosted 7/10/2011 8:40:18 PM
Don_Equals_B7 posted...
Anything worth getting?

Anything? Lots of things. Starship Defense, Link's Awakening, Shantae, to name a few. Run a search; you'll find a hundred other threads like this one with ample recommendations.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#5Baha05Posted 7/10/2011 8:43:46 PM
Pay no mind to people saying the games are expensive TC, they obviously would rather complain about how expensive something is when a hard copy of Link's Awakening would cost more then the digital copy (And harder to find without internet)
#6LordAndrewPosted 7/10/2011 9:00:29 PM
I don't think there's any price oH_Hydra would find appropriate.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#7Baha05Posted 7/10/2011 9:04:20 PM
We can thank Apple for sorta messing up the digital prices for games here.
#8Blaze627Posted 7/10/2011 9:25:49 PM
My personal recommendations:

- Donkey Kong (Game Boy)
Fantastic puzzle platformer and can be seen as a precursor to the Mario Vs DK series. (An entry of said series is also available as a DSiWare title on the eShop as well.) It starts off as a remake of the original Donkey Kong, only to completely turn the tables at the end of the fourth level and turn into a full fledged game spanning multiple environments with about 100 levels. For $3.99, it's a definite bargain, and probably the most content you'll get for that price out of the original GB games provided on the service so far.

- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Game Boy Color)

A great entry in the series, and stands up there with DK '94 as the VC game with the most content. (Admittedly, GB games usually aren't that big...) Being a Game Boy Color game, it's a bit more pricey than the standard GB games ($5.99) But for the amount of content in the game, I'd say it's well worth it.

- Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare)
Sequel to the GBC game aptly titled Shantae. If you've ever played a Metroid game, or one of the Metroidvania styled Castlevania games, then you'll feel right at home with this. The game packs some amazing spritework, a decent amount of content, and you can really tell the developers but a lot of love and care into it. The biggest problem with the game though, is the price. At $11.99, it's far and away the priciest title offered on the service. Although I personally think it was $12 well spent, I can certainly understand why a lot of people would be put off by the price, although I'd say it's probably the most fully featured console styled DSiWare game available.

- Cave Story (DSiWare)

If you haven't already heard of the game, Cave Story is a game coded by a single person also in the vein of the Metroid and Castlevania games. It packs a decent amount of content, and has some replay value thanks to the alternate endings and the unlockable challenge mode. It's an overall great package for $9.99, but it's worth noting that the game itself is available as a freeware PC title as well. I'd only recommend it if you've never played it, and prefer the portability. It's also worth noting that the game is getting a 3D retail remake later this year.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#9derekfishbowlPosted 7/10/2011 9:47:25 PM
DK and Link's Awakening are must-haves and are dirt cheap for the quality you're getting. I still own the cartridges for these games, but I think they were well worth buying again for the backlit screen, restore points, and convenience of having them right at my fingertips.

Qix is decent if you like action puzzlers (well, kinda... think Pac Man). It's one of those games you can just pick up and play for a few minutes every now and then. The restore point feature makes this game really interesting as you could essentially play a neverending game. I wonder if there is an ending to this game?
#10Emeraldsonic101Posted 7/10/2011 10:05:36 PM
derekfishbowl posted...
Qix is decent if you like action puzzlers (well, kinda... think Pac Man). It's one of those games you can just pick up and play for a few minutes every now and then. The restore point feature makes this game really interesting as you could essentially play a neverending game. I wonder if there is an ending to this game?

I was going to post this! By the way TC, if you get Qix, don't think your speakers are broken. The arcade machine sounds like that, too.
---
Not changing this sig until 3D Classics Q*Bert is released! Spread the word! Started 7-1-11