Why does Nintendo feel it's necessary to keep us in the dark with everything?

#1Mario64DStylePosted 7/10/2011 7:20:53 PM(edited)
Am I the only one that feels Nintendo keeps us in the dark without just about everything they do?

Why can't we get more information about the Netflix release date, what 3D movies plan to come out and when, when we should start seeing more 3DSware titles, what to expect each week's eShop update a few days before the update, better time frames of when to expect some of their bigger titles (like around which month rather than the season to expect it in)..

I know companies like to keep a few things in the dark every now and then to cause hype, but Nintendo's way of keeping things from customers seems a little over the top.

/rant
---
3DS: 4382-2000-7560. Xbox360: Wasted Winn
Can't wait for Wii U + PSVita
#2NettoSaitoPosted 7/10/2011 7:22:51 PM
lol they didn't even tell us when Club Nintendo was hacked. They just calmly said (randomly one day) "oh yeah we got hacked a few months ago, but kicked them out. Don't worry."
---
Proud player of Kirby's Dream World - The Kirby Online MMORPG!!
http://nettosaito.webs.com/KirbysDreamWorld/Index.htm
#3KorlithielPosted 7/10/2011 7:22:58 PM
A lot of people have made similar comments about Sony, Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft in the past. It seems to be inherent to business that some information is on a timed release, so as to maximize sales rather than maximize consumer knowledge.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#4andodelPosted 7/10/2011 7:23:05 PM
Nobody really knows, but it could be that they don't know what will happen. If they say Netflix will come on July 22, but then they have delays, people will be pissed.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#5ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/10/2011 7:23:55 PM
because electricity is expensive. Darkness is free.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.
#6d0wnerPosted 7/10/2011 7:30:47 PM
Good answer.
---
shoot the core.
#7PokeMasterPosted 7/10/2011 7:36:22 PM
Mario64DStyle posted...
Am I the only one that feels Nintendo keeps us in the dark without just about everything they do?

Why can't we get more information about the Netflix release date, what 3D movies plan to come out and when, when we should start seeing more 3DSware titles, what to expect each week's eShop update a few days before the update, better time frames of when to expect some of their bigger titles (like around which month rather than the season to expect it in)..

I know companies like to keep a few things in the dark every now and then to cause hype, but Nintendo's way of keeping things from customers seems a little over the top.

/rant

This only seems to apply to NoA/NoE.

NoJ tell us whats coming out on the eShop/VC via eShop notices and on the main nintendo website, as well as more 3DS downloadable software, etc.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#8Ind1g0Posted 7/10/2011 8:32:28 PM
Because they love you and everyone else who supports their decisions.
---
And if you listen very hard, the truth will come to you at last, when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.
#9Baha05Posted 7/10/2011 8:35:04 PM
It's because in the Gaming Industry, there is a magical thing called development. While some might be faster then others, if you give a specific date, gamers and customers will expect it by then.

Thus if the announce it is being pushed back people get pissed, hence why it's a little better to say "Coming Summer 2012" while that does not mean the game would come out there it's a softer blow then saying "Coming out 7-15-12" and then having it pushed back.
#10wave1000Posted 7/10/2011 8:42:05 PM
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
because electricity is expensive. Darkness is free.

I read this and instantly thought of Charlie murphy aka Brotha Darkness.
---
3DS FC 004427725163