Do you keep power saving mode on or off?

#11keyblader1985Posted 7/11/2011 8:51:02 AM
PokeMaster posted...
brightness 1, power saving on. always.

This. If I'm in a bright place I crank it up to 2.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#12marsboy12345Posted 7/11/2011 9:00:48 AM
CommanderxGreen posted...
What does Power Saving mode do exactly?

IT SAVES POWER.
(its called power saving mode)

It modifies the brightness to make it use a little less power.

(Set power saving on. Go the 3DS message board and scroll up and down. You will see the background change colors)
---
My other Gamefaqs account is GSDarkDawn.
#13CommanderxGreenPosted 7/11/2011 9:29:39 AM
marsboy12345 posted...

Someone mentioned turning it off to use StreetPass. Does it affect StreetPass in any way?
---
After ten long years of waiting, MegaMan Legends 3 has finally been announced!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/
#14marsboy12345Posted 7/11/2011 9:33:14 AM
CommanderxGreen posted...
marsboy12345 posted...

Someone mentioned turning it off to use StreetPass. Does it affect StreetPass in any way?

No, it only affects the screen. I've received Streetpass communications with Power Saver on(I always leave Power Saver on).
---
My other Gamefaqs account is GSDarkDawn.
#15Urza PlanewalkerPosted 7/11/2011 11:49:50 AM
I always used to have it on when playing outdoors or on the road, but since I got the nyko battery I haven't had to use it once. I was getting like four hours max before the red light of doom, even with power save and wireless off it would soon be blinking and then dead. With the battery pak it seems like I play all day and never have to recharge, I just pop it on the cradle at night and I'm good to go. On the subject, anyone know if it's a bad ideato leave the special charging cradle on all day? I always forget to hit the button.
---
"See the BEAR of fearsome size! All the WORLD'S within his eyes. TIME grows thin, the past's a riddle; The TOWER awaits you in the middle."
#16HotTreeGeckoPosted 7/11/2011 12:03:03 PM
Like another user said, Brightness 1, power saving on, always.
~ I hate ridiculously bright screens, always have and always will. Brightness 1 is bright enough for gaming, imo. Very bright lights hurt my eyes, lol. *_*
---
[=[3DS]=] Geckos <3
[+ [ /\/\ ] ::] GT: HotTreeGecko
#17andodelPosted 7/11/2011 1:17:15 PM
I usually have it set to 1, but I may set it to 3 at home, or even up to 4 if I'm outside and it's bright.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.