Any way to stretch the screen when playing DS games so it cover all the screen?

#1LordFarquad1312Posted 7/10/2011 10:10:00 PM
Or I'll have to deal with the black bars to the side?
---
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."
#2CompleteGamer7Posted 7/10/2011 10:12:09 PM
LordFarquad1312 posted...
Or I'll have to deal with the black bars to the side?

Ummm... That's protecting the aspect ratio, so no.
#3LordFarquad1312(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 10:13:39 PM
I remember in the gba you could change the aspect ratio so I had to ask. Well, thanks anyway.
---
The force is my ally
#4elihuaranPosted 7/10/2011 11:47:27 PM
The reason why the DS games need to maintain their aspect ratio (not that anyone asked, just felt like pointing it out) is that there are a few DS games in which the two screens act like one giant, long screen. Imagine a picture of a flagpole that spans both screens off to the side on a DS. If you were to change the aspect ratio so that both screens were completely filled, said flagpole would appear to be two different objects, causing disorientation to the viewer.
#5pansybadgerPosted 7/11/2011 1:13:42 AM

The reason why the DS games need to maintain their aspect ratio (not that anyone asked, just felt like pointing it out) is that there are a few DS games in which the two screens act like one giant, long screen. Imagine a picture of a flagpole that spans both screens off to the side on a DS. If you were to change the aspect ratio so that both screens were completely filled, said flagpole would appear to be two different objects, causing disorientation to the viewer.

I have never thought about it this way. Now the none aspect ratio changing decision makes a lot more sense!
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (3DS). Yeah, my home consoles are taking a break : )
#6LordFarquad1312(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 1:35:53 AM
Well, you know, you could just chose if you want to change the aspect ratio or not. But it's not that bad, once you start playing it you barely notice it =)
---
The force is my ally
#7toma13Posted 7/11/2011 7:15:01 AM
Honestly, with the glossy black bezel around the top of the screen anyway it makes those black bars hardly noticeable at all during game play. I think they went with the best available option.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt