3DS worth a purchase in August?

#11darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/11/2011 9:28:02 AM
Except not everyone owns a smart phone. I'd much rather buy a game a month as opposed to paying for a monthly Data Plan. And there-in lies the problem with this App Store "logic".
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#12Ind1g0Posted 7/11/2011 5:01:10 PM
I bought a 3DS because I was in the hospital and really wanted to get back into video games. Mainly I had heard of the OoT remake and hadn't played Pokemon so I wanted to buy Pokemon Black and decided to get a 3DS.

I've played the following games on my 3DS:

Street Fighter 4

I have to say that I really wanted to play this game but when I actually played it I found it really dull and boring. The console version is way more fun and the 3D feels like a gimmick.

Dead or Alive: Dimensions

I had more fun with this, but it feels like an empty port of DoA4 with the story modes of the previous games tacked on. Story mode is so empty that it doesn't even feel like a story but a tacked on cinematic video with fights in between (that don't even make sense). The most fun I got out of this was online and even then, that's dying quickly.

Ocarina of Time

I have to say that it was fun for about 2 days until I beat it and unlocked Master Quest. Then everything felt like a chore and I've stopped playing it.

Radiant Historia

A DS game, yet this game has provided me the most fun with my 3DS. I've already beaten it and turned it in, but it has been my favorite game so far story-wise and gameplay-wise.

All in all, I would love to be the first to tell you that it might not be the best time to invest in a 3DS unless you really want to and have the patience to wait until November or December for actual good games like Mario Kart or Kid Icarus. Keep in mind that I haven't even played those games and am simply placing my blind faith in them. So far, the 3DS is completely lacking fun and original games. All it has is rehash material that was rushed in order to get a head-start on the Vita.

Do not be blinded by Nintendo and these fanboys that blindly defend their favorite gaming company. Nintendo has personally let me down so far and you might be let down as well.
---
And if you listen very hard, the truth will come to you at last, when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.
#13MarbiaachPosted 7/11/2011 5:07:01 PM
On the app store/apple thing. Nintendo,Sony and Microsoft should troll apple by releasing a phone software (They kinda already have an app store,Eshop/Vita shop.) in their handhelds. Well microsoft can't do it since they don't have a handheld.But you get my idea.
---
This is what school really stands for
S.C.H.O.O.L-Six Crappy Hours Of Our Life-School dept thinks we are stupid huh?!
#14Spiffy247Posted 7/11/2011 5:20:02 PM
I say get it. Threre are some great games out there I like.
Zelda
DoA
Street Fighter 4
Samurai Warriors Chronicles
Lego Star Wars 3
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

SMT:DSO looks great. I played the DS version.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#15hatemakingnamesPosted 7/12/2011 1:36:41 AM
There's no rush yet to get it, but if you decided to get it anyway, there's no reason to wait.
#16lambchipsPosted 7/12/2011 1:43:21 AM
wait till tgs, if you're even going to think about getting samurai warriors (i have a feeling they will announce a new game, maybe dynasty warriors chronicles, or dynasty warriors gundam chronicles)

while i enjoyed the game, i would most likely sell it once a new one is released (but then again i pretty much grinded for everything i could)

swc is really only fun for people that likes grinding for loot
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428