What are the best games currently available?

#1ProudcladPosted 7/11/2011 10:54:45 AM
I played Ocarina of Time 3DS last night on my cousin's 3DS and it was bloody awesome. Now I want a 3DS. Should I wait a bit more for more releases or are there enough games out right now to justify the price tag?

All suggestions are welcome. I was very interested in the Samurai Chronicles game when 3DS launched. Is that worth the price?
#2SimpleStar010Posted 7/11/2011 10:56:04 AM
Proudclad posted...
Should I wait a bit more for more releases or are there enough games out right now to justify the price tag?

All suggestions are welcome. I was very interested in the Samurai Chronicles game when 3DS launched. Is that worth the price?

Answer to first question, You should wait a little bit longer. Answer to second question, no it isn't worth the $40.
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#3Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 10:56:24 AM
How much is Samurai Chronicles worth, would you say? $15? $20?
#4SimpleStar010Posted 7/11/2011 10:58:38 AM
Possibly $20. People on ebay are selling them for $20-$30 used.
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#5TheGoddamnPosted 7/11/2011 4:04:57 PM
I'm sorry, what? Samurai Warriors Chronicles is well worth full price. Along with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, it is the most content-filled launch title. Lots of non-Warriors fans love it. It's being well-maintained with weekly (unlock?) DLC as well. It's an illusion, but a fun one nonetheless.

If it matters to you, other DLC-supported titles include Dead or Alive: Dimensions (published by the same company) and Nintendogs+cats, which has regular Presidential pets for you and your pet to play with.

Most of the launch titles are quite good too, though I do not believe some are not worth full price.

I recommend most of the games on my backloggery:

http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=thegoddamn&console=3DS

---
"Batman to all points, I could use some air support. Because I can't fly. At all. Now would be good."
http://www.backloggery.com/TheGoddamn
#6BlackPhoenix127Posted 7/11/2011 4:33:39 PM
Whether or not you buy one now or wait is up to you. You have to realize though that the 3DS hasn't been out two years, it hasn't been out one year, it hasn't even been out half a year.

It's right there at around four months, which is VERY young as far as consoles go and even more so for handhelds. The reason you need to keep this in mind is, especially if you've never bought a console or handheld right out of the launch gate, that right now the releases are slow, it's summer which is always a dry spell, and their downloadable game selection is sparse for the time being.

So you just have to ask yourself if you want to buy the 3DS now and only have one or two games to go with it, or if you want to wait a few months for the holidays to get here where there is a HUGE line up of releases set to come out. If you think you will be just happy with a few games alone for a few months then I'd say go for it. But if you are more picky and need a big selection right when you buy then I'd say wait for holidays when they will be having some bundle deals.

The second thing you have to ask yourself is what games does it offer that you want that are out now and what games are coming out that you want?

As for the best games available right now I would say it would come down to this list:

-Zelda Ocarina of Time (own it, owned the original and many others and I love it. It's a must have)

-Dead or Alive Dimensions (if you're a fighting game fan and want to get in to DOA then this is a great place to start since it spans the whole story and comes with lots of content)

-Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D (This one comes down to personal opinion. Some people love this game and some hate it. If you're a person who loves arcade, score based games then this should be right up your alley.)

-Street Fighter 3D (I don't like street fighter that much personally, but many people do.)

There are probably a lot of other great games that I just haven't played or haven't noticed but those four are my top picks.

I'd also suggest you take a look at some of the titles coming out because the 3DS has some great things coming over the horizon soon.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#7Spiffy247Posted 7/11/2011 4:36:12 PM
Samurai Warriors Chronicles is pretty good. I bought it for 25$ new when Best Buy had it on sale.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8EmpirorPosted 7/11/2011 4:38:57 PM
Ima say right now that buying samurai warriors was a great choice.
If you don't mind grinding a bit and like hack and slash you will loooooooooooove SWC
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Altima_Frontier/index/ for pogymanz
#9CrystalKing5426Posted 7/11/2011 4:40:52 PM
Zelda and street fighter are pretty much it for now, but star fox, mario kart, super mario 3d, luigi's mansion 2, are all going to be out later this year, with kid icarus and paper mario releasing sometime next year
---
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game: People who agree: 39
#10NekoakumaPosted 7/11/2011 9:20:37 PM
I would say Prof. Layton... but chances are you don't have access to it yet (or won't for a while)
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)