Wow, why does NoA and NoE just not support its fans?

#11SF_BahaPosted 7/12/2011 3:34:34 PM
Fans aren't meant to be pleased. They're faceless entities only good for their income, of which there is a guaranteed steady stream of no matter how badly the vocal minority feels 'mistreated'.
#12LordAndrewPosted 7/12/2011 3:38:01 PM
News updates, it just doesn't tell you it's been updated. You have to check manually. The current Welcome entry is not the same one as when the eShop launched.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#13PokeMasterPosted 7/12/2011 3:40:25 PM
LordAndrew posted...
News updates, it just doesn't tell you it's been updated. You have to check manually. The current Welcome entry is not the same one as when the eShop launched.

Every week theres a 'NEW' message over the news tab.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#14LordAndrewPosted 7/12/2011 3:43:51 PM
PokeMaster posted...
LordAndrew posted...

Every week theres a 'NEW' message over the news tab.

I guess you actually get new news regularly and they actually bother to set the NEW flag. In North America, we weren't told it was new, ever.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#15lipnox88Posted 7/12/2011 4:45:14 PM
I think because of the large call of duty sales nintendo just thinks english gamers are stupid, which I would argue 95% of the cod players are.
---
PSN: Lipnox Games: KZ3, UC2, LPB2, RDR, Re5, Sega Racing, Dungeon Hunter, Warhawk, Modern combat, Fat princess. Upcoming: Duke Nukem, UC3Beta. Feel free to add
#16wave1000Posted 7/12/2011 5:04:02 PM
Comment was uncalled for. Thats like if I said 95% of Nintendo fans are anti-social.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#17Starking777Posted 7/12/2011 5:13:04 PM
SF_Baha posted...
Fans aren't meant to be pleased. They're faceless entities only good for their income, of which there is a guaranteed steady stream of no matter how badly the vocal minority feels 'mistreated'.

Even... Even I have no words for this...
---
0:58.888 at Suzuka in the X2010 with only ABS at 1
PSN: Starking7
#18OkihayPosted 7/12/2011 5:20:47 PM
bronx718 posted...
Linkfan135 posted...
I think the only company that really supports their fans is VALVe. Even if all their support takes a while to get here.

off topic: i support your sig.
my wife was hit by an elderly driver, she knew she hit my wife and just kept driving. i ran across the parking lot and stood in front of her car. i made such a scene that she had to stop. cops came and she was arrested. do i feel bad? hell no. i live in Florida; old people capital. i hope they propose a law that makes people over 55 have to go to the DMV every year to prove they can still drive.....its too crazy out here.

Good man.

Hopefully we'll have self driving cars within the next ten or twenty years. I can literally let my mind wander about the difference that would make in our soceity.
---
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/
#19SF_BahaPosted 7/12/2011 5:27:09 PM
Well, what more is there to say about it, really? You can delude yourself into thinking that your "loyalty" means something. It doesn't. It's like the minority upset about Xenoblade.... go ahead and boycott the Wii U. It might sell... a few thousand units less? Yeah, Nintendo really cares about that.

You have no leverage. You don't "vote with your wallet". You all too easily forget that your place is the consumer.
#20Starking777Posted 7/12/2011 5:49:26 PM
SF_Baha posted...
Well, what more is there to say about it, really? You can delude yourself into thinking that your "loyalty" means something. It doesn't. It's like the minority upset about Xenoblade.... go ahead and boycott the Wii U. It might sell... a few thousand units less? Yeah, Nintendo really cares about that.

You have no leverage. You don't "vote with your wallet". You all too easily forget that your place is the consumer.

It happens all the time, but what they lose isn't sales, but the image. They begin to have the image that they don't care about their consumers or their install base.

I realize that I have no leverage, but I stopped caring about the Wii long before Operation Rainfall and I'll be honest. I might have bought those titles if they had plans to release them here.

But in all seriousness, it isn't about sales but the image a company maintains towards it's users. And people can take that in many different ways.
---
0:58.888 at Suzuka in the X2010 with only ABS at 1
PSN: Starking7