[Release] Japan Nintendo Video Service

#11lambchipsPosted 7/13/2011 2:20:50 AM(edited)
SkittyOnWailord posted...

Should be similar thing for SpotpassTV

Yep, I just checked and it is set to automatic. And when I go to check for videos it says this.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/6969691/07132011261.jpg

Any ideas?

the first word is service
thats all i could make out before im slaughter by the kanji

edit- the last word is "can not"

im guessing the service is region locked, or you cant receive the service

---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#12SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/13/2011 2:21:10 AM
lambchips posted...

And it probably doesn't help that my phone takes blurry close-ups. :/ Hopefully someone can translate it for me.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#13Nekoakuma(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 4:25:37 AM
lambchips posted...

And it probably doesn't help that my phone takes blurry close-ups. :/ Hopefully someone can translate it for me.

Yeah, SpotPass TV and NinVid are IP-region locked (they don't work outside of Japanese IP addresses)

You could probably try a proxy, or you're out of luck. I've got another 6 days before I see that error message again. =(
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#14SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/13/2011 9:30:11 PM
PokeMaster posted...
Yeah, SpotPass TV and NinVid are IP-region locked (they don't work outside of Japanese IP addresses)

You could probably try a proxy, or you're out of luck. I've got another 6 days before I see that error message again. =(

Oh well. Thanks for the help. Do you know if you can keep the videos forever or if they get removed as new ones come out?
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#15lambchipsPosted 7/13/2011 9:36:40 PM
i can tell you the video service is region locked (i have a AU 3ds, i changed my profile to UK and get a service isnt available in your region message, then i changed it to australia and i can download a new video)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#16wave1000Posted 7/13/2011 9:47:24 PM
The service is crap so it does not matter. Of all the things to give us we get that junk.

They could have showed baseball games or Sumo/ Judo matches. Even Go matches would have been ok.

The worst part is they did not even give a music station so we can atleast see the new videos of the week. This is once service that you would think would work with weekly updates.

I guess once again Nintendo is to cheap to pay up for those type of services for us. Sad thing service could have been god like.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#17Nekoakuma(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 2:06:31 AM
PokeMaster posted...

Oh well. Thanks for the help. Do you know if you can keep the videos forever or if they get removed as new ones come out?

AFAIK the videos are overwritten each time a new one is downloaded, but i havent looked into it much,
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)