Nintendo really needs to merge Wii VC and eshop.

#1JedahsidePosted 7/13/2011 8:18:10 AM
None of this "eshop is only for portable games" crap. The 3DS is fully capable of handling VC games, and it doesn't make sense not to merge the two, not even from a business perspective. In fact, they're actually losing money by not doing so.

I'd go as far as to say that the 3DS is even more appropriate for the VC than the Wii is, being that standard televisions are now obsolete and old games look like crap on HD screens.

Portable classic gaming is the way to go for many people. For Nintendo to not even offer this option is absolutely absurd.

This just goes to show their continued incompetence when it comes to online content. No one cares about your stupid herp derp control issues, Nintendo. I know you're in the business of making games, but actually playing games with the people who buy your games just isn't very smart.
#2SimpleStar010Posted 7/13/2011 8:21:18 AM
Jedahside posted...
None of this "eshop is only for portable games" crap. The 3DS is fully capable of handling VC games, and it doesn't make sense not to merge the two, not even from a business perspective. In fact, they're actually losing money by not doing so.

I'd go as far as to say that the 3DS is even more appropriate for the VC than the Wii is, being that standard televisions are now obsolete and old games look like crap on HD screens.

Portable classic gaming is the way to go for many people. For Nintendo to not even offer this option is absolutely absurd.

This just goes to show their continued incompetence when it comes to online content. No one cares about your stupid herp derp control issues, Nintendo. I know you're in the business of making games, but actually playing games with the people who buy your games just isn't very smart.

That's what makes the eshop different from the Wii VC. Besides, the reason the two shops aren't merged is because of marketing. Nintendo must think we would think, why should I buy both consoles if the VC and the eshop are one and the same. Nintendo could loose profit from that.
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#3Prince ShondronaiPosted 7/13/2011 8:25:52 AM
Plus, y'know, it'd require every game in the Wii's VC to be reprogrammed for use on the 3DS.
#4GM_Posted 7/13/2011 8:27:15 AM
Nobody is forcing you to not own an SD tv or sell your existing one. They're a dime a dozen at Goodwill and will run you 10 bucks. As for HD tv with old games they look fine just change your aspect ratio to 4:3 for better quality.
#5Jedahside(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 8:28:02 AM
That's what makes the eshop different from the Wii VC. Besides, the reason the two shops aren't merged is because of marketing. Nintendo must think we would think, why should I buy both consoles if the VC and the eshop are one and the same. Nintendo could loose profit from that.

No one in their right mind is dropping down $250 for the eshop. If that's marketing, then it's very bad marketing. They're losing more money on people who would prefer not to download classic games on an HD screen, but who might consider doing so on a portable.

So why again does the eshop need to be different?
#6SimpleStar010Posted 7/13/2011 8:30:12 AM
Jedahside posted...

No one in their right mind is dropping down $250 for the eshop. If that's marketing, then it's very bad marketing. They're losing more money on people who would prefer not to download classic games on an HD screen, but who might consider doing so on a portable.

You might think that, though you can't speak for 7 billion people.
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#7Jedahside(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 8:34:06 AM
Nobody is forcing you to not own an SD tv or sell your existing one. They're a dime a dozen at Goodwill and will run you 10 bucks. As for HD tv with old games they look fine just change your aspect ratio to 4:3 for better quality.

So you're saying I should meet NIntendo on their level? Ummm...no. It doesn't work like that. If you're trying to sell something, you need to give your consumers a reason why they should buy your products. This is a clear example of them failing to do so for many people.

They're the ones hurting themselves in the long run, not me.
#8BraveAdolPosted 7/13/2011 8:36:34 AM
SimpleStar010 posted...
Jedahside posted...

Apparently you can though. That argument works both ways champ
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#9GM_Posted 7/13/2011 8:37:48 AM
Jedahside posted...

So you're saying I should meet NIntendo on their level? Ummm...no. It doesn't work like that. If you're trying to sell something, you need to give your consumers a reason why they should buy your products. This is a clear example of them failing to do so for many people.

They're the ones hurting themselves in the long run, not me.

You make no sense. There's no reason why you should completely disregard a viable entertainment source (SD TV) just because it's "old". To play old games simply use an SD tv set it's that simple.
#10Jedahside(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 8:38:51 AM

Queue the typical nintendrone soundbite.