Power A screen protectors

#1GM_Posted 7/13/2011 12:20:33 PM
I've seen a bit of mixed opinions regarding these protectors around the net and a lot of misleading information regarding their quality. I've been using them for a long time now and they're pretty good but are difficult to remove. The common misconception is that they leave sticky residue on your screens (no they don't) and that they ruin them. They use static cling just like any other reputable screen protector out there. I've actually touched the bottom and can verify they aren't glued on sheets.

For extra kicks I emailed PowerA and inquired about the sticky residue rumor and this is what I got back.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/techno-atom/1e206b1d.jpg

Learn to install these things properly kiddos.
#2iphysPosted 7/13/2011 1:00:46 PM
Yeah, I've been using them and no problems so far. I doubt Nintendo would have licensed them if they could leave residue on the screen. The instructions are pretty simple, so that's kind of ridiculous that people can't figure out what to apply to the screen. The only way I could see people getting confused is if they don't realize there are 3 sheets and try to peel off the "2" sticker without the top sheet it is holding, because when I went to peel off the top sheet the sticker did start to separate from that sheet, and that would leave a residue of the sticker if you never figured out to remove that top sheet.
#3GM_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 1:13:13 PM
iphys posted...
Yeah, I've been using them and no problems so far. I doubt Nintendo would have licensed them if they could leave residue on the screen. The instructions are pretty simple, so that's kind of ridiculous that people can't figure out what to apply to the screen. The only way I could see people getting confused is if they don't realize there are 3 sheets and try to peel off the "2" sticker without the top sheet it is holding, because when I went to peel off the top sheet the sticker did start to separate from that sheet, and that would leave a residue of the sticker if you never figured out to remove that top sheet.

yeah it's pretty straight forward. "1" side goes down and "2" side goes up. Maybe people assume 1 goes up and 2 goes down since the way they're numbered. Lol there is even an online video from PowerA that says what I just did.
#4TheGoddamnPosted 7/13/2011 7:43:29 PM
I used the Power-A screen protectors for a couple of months. They were perfect, except on the top, they only cover the screen and not the entire panel.

I'm using a Capdase screen protector now on the top part since it covers the whole thing, but the Power-A one still covers the touchscreen, where incidentally I have typed this message.

---
"Batman to all points, I could use some air support. Because I can't fly. At all. Now would be good."
http://www.backloggery.com/TheGoddamn