[Poll] What do you think of the 3DS' 2011 Library?

#1MwulfPosted 7/13/2011 1:31:25 PM
I've encountered a number of Nintendo fanboys lately, and it's left me... well, disheartened, yes, but also curious about what the rest of the gaming community thinks of the 3DS.

If you do not own a 3DS, obviously, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!

Anyway, consider all titles currently released on the Nintendo 3DS platform, Wiiware and VC games included, as well as all software titles likely to be released before December 31st, 2011. Which statement do you think best describes the 3DS' 2011 library?

A). It's fantastic. There are lots of unique and exciting titles!
B). It's pretty good. There are a few unique and exciting titles.
C). It's not that great. There are not very many unique or exciting titles.
D). It's awful. There are hardly any unique or exciting titles!

---

Personally, I find the 3DS line-up to be very disappointing. Games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario Brothers are simply handheld versions of console games, with few differences, offering absolutely nothing (other than "portability) to justify purchasing them over their better-looking cousins. The other big games for the 3DS--Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor Overclocked--are simply ports/updates of older titles. Sure, they're bound to be fun--but they're hardly unique. Or new.

The only (announced) titles that look like they'll have anything to offer are Ace Attornet v. Professor Layton and Kid Icarus. And those two strike me as... too few.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#2ian2093Posted 7/13/2011 1:32:40 PM
If you do not own a 3DS, obviously, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!

You know people could have played 3DS titles and not own a 3DS themselves... So much discrimination TC.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#3SimpleStar010Posted 7/13/2011 1:37:43 PM(edited)
B.

Personally, I find the 3DS line-up to be very disappointing. Games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario Brothers are simply handheld versions of console games, with few differences, offering absolutely nothing (other than "portability) to justify purchasing them over their better-looking cousins. The other big games for the 3DS--Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor Overclocked--are simply ports/updates of older titles. Sure, they're bound to be fun--but they're hardly unique. Or new.

And I'm gonna have to correct you.

Mario Kart for the 3DS is a totally new title IIRC and a Super Mario Brothers for the 3DS doesn't exist.
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#4kukinginaPosted 7/13/2011 1:35:07 PM
before E3... D

after E3.... B
---
3DS FC: 4940-5506-2047
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WRPEhMjQDw
#5DragonAura1010Posted 7/13/2011 1:35:37 PM
B. Kid Icarus: Uprising + RE: Revelations + Super/Paper Mario + SMT: DSO = pretty damn good lineup.
---
SS Nuzlocke: Capone II (Gyarados); Austin (Tauros); Cullen (Crobat); Mulan (Ninetales); Chubbina (Snorlax); Gunny (Muk)
[link in quote]
#6Starwars4JPosted 7/13/2011 1:36:50 PM
A
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7pnututPosted 7/13/2011 1:37:13 PM
B
---
What did I do now?
#8Kitt ThrustPosted 7/13/2011 1:43:13 PM
seeing as that I currently own..

Pilot Wings Resort
Street Fighter IV
Ridge Racer
Samurai Warriors
Nintendogs + Cats : French Bulldog
Rabbids Travel in Time 3D
Dream Trigger
SpongeBob SquigglePants
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D
Reel Fishing Paradise 3D

Link's Awakening DX
Super Mario Land
Alleyway
Radar Mission
Tennis
Donkey Kong 94
Kirby's Dream Land
Excite Bike 3D
Pokedex 3D

and 31 DSiWare titles..

I'm going to go with A

feels good man.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png
#9AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/13/2011 1:44:47 PM
B.

Pretty satisfied so far.
#10FAT____MANPosted 7/13/2011 1:45:45 PM
C. Also i feel bad for TC, you sir over estimated the intelligence of the people in this board.
---
Dr. Doom Thanos Juggernaut
All Day. Everyday.