Not sure about the point of netflix

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Not sure about the point of netflix
4 years ago#1
If the 3DS didnt need to be near a hotspot, I would totally understand the value of it.

Most people that have netflix also have computers, with a hell of a lot large screens than the 3DS. I cant see ever wanting to use this when I have a laptop here with a 15 inch screen, or a PS3 and Wii with netflix hooked up to a huge HDTV.

Just seems like an odd thing to me. I guess its kind of the same as the browser, I havent used it yet and I cant even think of a reason why I would ever need it.

If this had like a 3/4g network connection then that would make more sense to me. I get why the Vita would have it, it doesnt need to be near a hotspot, but this does. It's a mystery to me.

---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
(edited by trenken)
4 years ago#2
What if all those are in use?
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
4 years ago#3
SoaringDive posted...
What if all those are in use?

Well yeah thats true, but thats a special situation Im not sure too many people would experience.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
4 years ago#4
The point?!? so that people wont complain and whine to nintendo about 3DS not having Netflix when the Wii had it

also possibly 3D movies on the go or while stuck during a slow day in the office
---
3DS FC: 4940-5506-2047
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WRPEhMjQDw
4 years ago#5
Hey trenken, I added you as a friend. Hope you add mine. :D
---
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2315-4515
4 years ago#6
kukingina posted...
The point?!? so that people wont complain and whine to nintendo about 3DS not having Netflix when the Wii had it

also possibly 3D movies on the go or while stuck during a slow day in the office

1. The Wii was hooked up to a 60-inch TV.

2. Assuming that either
a) it saves to the SD card (unlikely)
b) you have wifi access at work for non-work related things.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
4 years ago#7
Isn't there Movies in 3D on the 3DS' Netflix?

Like I think Iwata said Tangled and the like would be in 3D back on E3 2010
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
4 years ago#8
I like how people are all complaining about the lack of netflix on the 3ds, then they whine and question what netflix is for when it actually arrives.

Oooooooooooo you guys...
---
3DS FC: 4940-5506-2047
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WRPEhMjQDw
4 years ago#9
I watch Netflix all the time at work on my iPhone, because the computer that I use can't use it. The 3DS's screen is bigger, and the battery will probably last longer (and even if it doesn't, at least I can still make calls and text people AND watch movies).
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
4 years ago#10
If your an adult with your own computer/gameconsole + TV, then there really is no point. But if your a kid and share this stuff, then it's a nice option.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Not sure about the point of netflix

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived