Not sure about the point of netflix

#51RussiaOnePosted 7/13/2011 9:26:51 PM
Unless there are some 3D shows available, my iPhone does Netflix over 3G, so right now it's only a novelty. But I say "The more Netflix the merrier." Should I have put a comma after "The more Netflix"?
---
Avada Kedavra!
#52Mario64DStylePosted 7/13/2011 10:12:41 PM
I see this as more of a, sitting on campus watching a movie on my 3DS compared to my Laptop which is large and bulky, also watching a movie while laying in bed rather than situating my laptop in bed with me just to watch the movie, and when I'm done I'm not too concerned with my 3DS rolling off the bed compared to my laptop that I might leave sitting there as I fall asleep
---
3DS: 4382-2000-7560. Xbox360: Wasted Winn
Can't wait for Wii U + PSVita
#53deggdegg2001Posted 7/13/2011 10:13:27 PM
IronTusk posted...
It has its uses:
1) Watching Netflix in bed (I don't keep a TV in my bedroom)
2) Lunch break at work
3) Star Trek. On the toilet.
4) Perhaps my girlfriend is using the TV.

I suppose, but still.

1) I've never understood how people use a handheld in bed. How do you hold it? That would hurt the wrists after awhile. It seems much easier to use the iPad or laptop which stands up on its own.
2) Fair enough, but really only applies if you have wifi.
3) Never understood this point. Toilet should be a 2 minute affair at most. If you have to spend more time in there, you probably didn't have to go at that time anyhow.
4) Laptop?
---
There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know binary and make stupid jokes about it.
#54Mario64DStylePosted 7/13/2011 10:25:29 PM(edited)
deggdegg2001 posted...
IronTusk posted...
It has its uses:
1) Watching Netflix in bed (I don't keep a TV in my bedroom)
2) Lunch break at work
3) Star Trek. On the toilet.
4) Perhaps my girlfriend is using the TV.

I suppose, but still.

1) I've never understood how people use a handheld in bed. How do you hold it? That would hurt the wrists after awhile. It seems much easier to use the iPad or laptop which stands up on its own.
2) Fair enough, but really only applies if you have wifi.
3) Never understood this point. Toilet should be a 2 minute affair at most. If you have to spend more time in there, you probably didn't have to go at that time anyhow.
4) Laptop?

1) the 3DS doesn't stand up on it's own like a laptop?
2) Wifi is almost everywhere people work/school/live anymore
3) you must not respect the personal time the toilet can give, granted its not a full episodes worthy but it's some time to kill
4) How do you not realize it's easier to pull out the 3DS and turn on Netflix compared to a Laptop?
---
3DS: 4382-2000-7560. Xbox360: Wasted Winn
Can't wait for Wii U + PSVita
#55deggdegg2001Posted 7/13/2011 10:43:11 PM
Mario64DStyle posted...
1) the 3DS doesn't stand up on it's own like a laptop?
2) Wifi is almost everywhere people work/school/live anymore
3) you must not respect the personal time the toilet can give, granted its not a full episodes worthy but it's some time to kill
4) How do you not realize it's easier to pull out the 3DS and turn on Netflix compared to a Laptop?

1) In bed? No, not unless one severely cranes their neck or something. A laptop with a properly angled screen can be seen while basically laying down while being free standing.
2) Eh, again, if Netflix is blocked on my work computer, I'm not about to go accessing it on a wifi device. And at home there are many other options than a tiny 3DS.
3) I'm deeply sorry if someone needs to sit in a room hovering over their own s*** to get some personal time. The bathroom is for doing your business, do it and get out.
4) Howso? My laptop is always in hibernate and boots up really quickly. I'll trade 3 seconds of bootup time for a 10" larger screen.
---
There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know binary and make stupid jokes about it.
#56iphysPosted 7/13/2011 10:48:37 PM
It will use less electricity to watch movies on my 3DS than my laptop or monitor, so it will save me a little money in the long run and help keep my apartment from getting any hotter than it needs to be at this time of year. At least I should be distracted by fewer artifacts with it being scaled down to the 3DS screen, so it will probably look better even though it's smaller (I usually stream at the lowest bitrate to avoid interruptions and not waste bandwidth).
#57MarbiaachPosted 7/13/2011 11:07:45 PM
...You do realize the 3DS screen stands on it's own...
I really don't understand how people CANT be comfortable on the bed with a pillow at your back.In fact,I'm doing it.RIGHT.NOW. *Lightning strikes in background*
---
This is what school really stands for
S.C.H.O.O.L-Six Crappy Hours Of Our Life-School dept thinks we are stupid huh?!
#58parKb5Posted 7/14/2011 2:40:51 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
People is never happy, first was: "where is my netflix? Nintendo sux" Now is: "Netflix? I can use my laptop or pc or ps3 or 360 since it needs wifi"

The funny thing is talk about Netflix and everyone wants it and is happy about it because it adds to the fun of the 3DS.

Ask about a messaging system system on the 3DS and you get bombarded with replies that the 3DS is a gaming system, use your phone or computer for messaging and get over it.

Wait, what?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#59Baha05Posted 7/14/2011 2:52:18 AM
Man you sure like to talk about opposing ideas on messages there don't you?
#60L0L_FAQPosted 7/14/2011 7:05:14 AM

Ask about a messaging system system on the 3DS and you get bombarded with replies that the 3DS is a gaming system, use your phone or computer for messaging and get over it.

You would really rather talk to a person within 20 meters of you on your 3DS? You would also rather talk to them over the internet via 3DS scribbles or touchscreen typing rather than over your computer or your phone, with tactile feedback in typing and voice adnd video chat? Really?
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/10x7xxl.png http://i54.tinypic.com/2rm9quq.jpg
3.33GHz i7 Extreme, 16GB RAM, 4x HD6990