What would you folks do?

#1dark trunksPosted 7/13/2011 5:50:13 PM
Now, I wasn't too bothered about the upper screen moving back and forth. However, I went on a long trip today and I took my 3DS with me. During this trip I noticed a small, white speck under the upper left corner of the upper screen. It's not a dead pixel, it appears when it's off.

On top of that, during the course of the day the upper screen has gotten a little looser. I built up some coins to get remaining games on the A.R Cards, and when I tried to play the shooting game, which I'd never had an issue with before, I did have a few problems because my upper screen was moving more than normal.

I haven't had the 3DS more than a month yet, and if I'm right the store I bought it from allow you to return within a month I believe. I'm thinking it might be worth just taking it in, seeing what they have to say about it and hopefully get a replacement that may (or may not!) be a little better off (minus white speck and possible wobble).

But would any of you just leave it? Or just take a chance? I have to admit, it has become irritating, more so than before. Some claim it's not a defect while others do, and while I'd claim it's not, the fact it feels like it has gotten looser (to the point it feels like I could close it by flicking it) has me a little concerned and annoying when playing a game.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I can get some opinions on whether it's worth it or not. Or at least other peoples experiences trying another 3DS, and if that was better or worse.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#2scrahfyPosted 7/13/2011 6:02:05 PM
special white speck
#3MicroOmegaManPosted 7/13/2011 6:18:20 PM
If my 3DS ever goes in my pocket, the 3DS goes in an airtight bag first. Every handheld electronic I've ever had gets dust/lint that is visible under the screen from being in my pockets, and at $250, I'm not willing to stand by and watch that happen to the 3DS.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#4dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 6:41:31 PM
I might consider doing that. Though I often find dust is unavoidable. I was playing it in the car on the way, dust everywhere. Even at home in clean rooms, there's still dust floating around.

I'd like to know if this speck was there before or not. I can't see how it could have even gotten that far under the screen. It's not too far from the center.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#5d0wnerPosted 7/13/2011 7:00:30 PM
It really just depends if you want to live with it or not.

If you do want to exchange it, do not take it back to the store. Have Nintendo repair it instead and they will transfer all the data to your new system. If you do it at retail you'll lose everything.
---
shoot the core.
#6dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 7:04:54 PM
I'm not that bothered about losing anything, to be honest with you. Apart from doing one or two things with the coins, all I have done so far is play Dragon Quest V and IX on it.

Even then, the store I buy my consoles and games from are pretty awesome. I have some stuff on the SD card, I'd imagine they might let me swap the SD cards over.

Other than that, there wasn't really anything on the 3DS I'm that bothered about keeping.
---
#7dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 9:10:47 AM
Well, I took it back and apparently it had a dead pixel I never even saw, and the guy said the upper screen was a bit too loose.

The replacement feels tighter, though it still wobbles (but I still believe myself that it should wobble some anyway) and if I move it toward me it does move but not as much as my old.

This should, hopefully, be more tolerable and hopefully it won't loosen up like the other.
---