The 3DS gets dents on it very easily (story inside) *help*

#1shnoob2Posted 7/13/2011 7:15:58 PM(edited)
Okay, so there are two chairs with a decorative (stable; 2 Ft. high) table in between them located next to a pine tree. My brother and I were a few feet away playing Ping Pong when he hit the ball by me and it ended up under the pine tree.

In order to get a better angle at the ball to scoop it out, I moved one of the chairs. This led to the chair making contact with the table and knocked it and the 3DS over. The 3DS clung to the table until it was just about sideways, so the 3DS fell about 1 foot to the pavement.

I felt like denouncing my religion after this happened and am still to this moment sickened by this event. The L and R buttons have some very minor scuffs on them, there is a minor scrape at the opposite end of the bottom "shell" or casing, and the bottom left "balance tip" on the backside is scraped off and is now white.

I can't even believe how much damage befell a one-two foot drop and after moping about for an hour, I called Nintendo service using the number on the back of the system on my cell phone. I asked if it was possible to replace the system's backside shell casing, but he didn't know what I was talking about and asked if the system was, itself, functioning improperly. I said, "Not that I have noticed within my limited inspection after the fact." He said a bunch of things incredibly fast and then wanted to know if I would like to send my system in for a thorough repair for $80 (maybe he said $85) and then my phone disconnected as I was about to decline.

$80 for a repair for a seemingly fully functional system (that I babied big time) with no guarantee of the actual scrapes and scuffs being addressed? No, thank you.

Is there anywhere I can go to repair my system? The scrapes are very minor, but I'm so picky about these kinds of things. $80 for a repair that may not address my problem seemed like a ripoff (I would be better off buying a new 3DS).

Now here is my question: I purchased this at Target on March 27th. Would it be plausible to try and attempt to exchange my 3DS (claiming it faulty) for a different one? My brothers say the system is fine and that I have "problems" because I am so fussy, but honestly, is there anything I can do? Would the proposed Target plan work?
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#2Starwars4JPosted 7/13/2011 6:56:22 PM
...why do you have him as "Han Solo" in your sig? I really hope you're old enough to know he's just a fictional character
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3FalloutZXPosted 7/13/2011 6:57:06 PM
ive dropped my 3d twice on concrete perfectly fine still looks brand new
#4so64Posted 7/13/2011 7:01:08 PM
You're Target plan may work if you claim that you recieved it like that and place blame on the shipping and handling of the system... Then again, it maybe too late if the warranty has expired.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#5r_m_8_8Posted 7/13/2011 7:03:23 PM(edited)
I think it's funny how I've never dropped a handheld, but my Wii hit the floor at least 4 times. Lesson learned, though, Wii should always be horizontal if you often play 4 player games with GameCube controllers.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#6shnoob2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 7:06:11 PM
so64 posted...
You're Target plan may work if you claim that you recieved it like that and place blame on the shipping and handling of the system... Then again, it maybe too late if the warranty has expired.

How do I find out how long my warranty is/was? Receipt?
---
#7MicroOmegaManPosted 7/13/2011 7:06:23 PM
"Pavement"? Were you playing outside, or did someone really decide that an indoor floor that rough would be appropriate?

You're also using the word "dent" in a way that I feel is completely inappropriate for what the actual damage would be in the situation that was described.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#8shnoob2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 7:12:12 PM(edited)
MicroOmegaMan posted...
"Pavement"? Were you playing outside, or did someone really decide that an indoor floor that rough would be appropriate?

You're also using the word "dent" in a way that I feel is completely inappropriate for what the actual damage would be in the situation that was described.

You must have missed where I mentioned a pine tree multiple times. Yes, it was outside.

And dents...you are right. They are more like scrapes on the plastic. Fixed.
---
#9PokeMasterPosted 7/13/2011 7:11:35 PM
I think the 3DS is pretty solid.
and, are you sure you don't mean chipped?

I've dropped mine from about 1m height (in case of course, as a test) and nothing happened.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#10so64Posted 7/13/2011 7:13:20 PM
shnoob2 posted...
so64 posted...

How do I find out how long my warranty is/was? Receipt?

Yeah. I think Target has a 90 day warranty if you do not buy the accident extension warranty. It should be on the back of the receipt.

Also can you post some pictures of the system? Just to see how damaged it is.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.