Region Free

#1wave1000Posted 7/13/2011 10:55:06 PM
I just posted this in another thread but I was thinking what if one of the new 3DS models features is that now it is region free. How happy would you be or how much would you rage.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#2PenguPineapplePosted 7/13/2011 11:07:52 PM
Why would you rage? I don't see how that could be taken as a bad thing, unless you bought the 3DS earl-

Oh.
---
MH3: Skypengu
#3KorlithielPosted 7/13/2011 11:10:54 PM
I would trade in my 3DS model toward it, and then import a few games that won't be coming stateside. I like Japanese as a language, and find learning it enjoyable, so it would be nice to not have to consider importing a 3DS when I have the cash to spare just to be able to import games.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#4wave1000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 11:16:51 PM
A few of people brought the US and Japanese 3DS just for imports. My guessing is that they would not be happy.

also Nintendo saying that it is a new feature even though DS and Gba did this.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#5elihuaranPosted 7/13/2011 11:51:51 PM
I'd consider getting it. I'd then send both units to Ninty so they could transfer save data and profile stuff to the new one. However, I'd only get it if, and only if Japan got a new Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! game exclusive to thier region, or a Jump (insert second word here) Stars game, seeing as I can't read Japanese quite yet without heavy reliance on at least two online translators and a dictionary.
#6d0wnerPosted 7/13/2011 11:58:17 PM
The days of region free Nintendo systems are over. Now that they are locking handhelds, you can assume they'll never make region free hardware again.
---
shoot the core.
#7KorlithielPosted 7/14/2011 12:09:17 AM
d0wner, that's likely true. Which is why I'm unlikely to support mainstream gaming systems after I finish college. For now, I can get a fair bit of social interactivity in via multiplayer games so I felt it was worth investing in a 3DS (and loaning a friend the money interest free so he could nab one now instead of at the end of summer).
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#8SF_BahaPosted 7/14/2011 12:24:53 AM
I'd be very disappointed if Nintendo did not continue to uphold region locking. It wouldn't be such an issue if people could be trusted to not import on their own, but they always give in to these tendencies.

Then they wonder why a barrier's set in place......... one would be needed if they didn't try to do such a thing in the first place.
#9noutBrPosted 7/14/2011 12:26:54 AM
Yeah I'd say chances are slim of Nintendo going back to region free. Maybe if PSVita sells better they will think about ways to make the 3DS better and since making it region free would only require a software update I'd say that would be one of the first things they could do.

I'm not predicting doom for Nintendo or anything but it IS looking pretty promising for PSVita. Nintendo did a lot of things wrong (or not good enough) this time around and Sony did loads of things right with the Vita. I love Nintendo but lately they are acting very arrogant and they don't release the games I want so I hope things don't go as well as they had hoped :P

Software will play a big role and no doubt 3DS will have a solid library at the end of this year (it would be better if it were region free though). I'm also buying a Vita because it's such an awesome piece of hardware and I just know that there will be lots of great games for it and it's region free ;)
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#10lambchipsPosted 7/14/2011 12:29:48 AM
i dont think region free can be solved with an update... (it would awesome if it could and hackers would have probably already figured out a way)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428