Just beat OOT for the first time, what other 3DS game should I get?

#11theshovellerPosted 7/14/2011 10:27:08 AM
lambchips posted...
here are some great recent ds games

I was going to suggest this one. It's a graphic novel sort of game, if you're familiar with those. If you're not - lots and lots of reading, some choices throughout the game, and some puzzles to solve. Also, kinda graphic, for being all textual - it goes into some detail about when a guy breaks the rules of the game.

Think of the Saw movies, with a Japanese twist on them.
#12m0986-8Posted 7/14/2011 10:29:08 AM
theshoveller posted...
lambchips posted...
here are some great recent ds games

I was going to suggest this one. It's a graphic novel sort of game, if you're familiar with those. If you're not - lots and lots of reading, some choices throughout the game, and some puzzles to solve. Also, kinda graphic, for being all textual - it goes into some detail about when a guy breaks the rules of the game.

Think of the Saw movies, with a Japanese twist on them.

Yes the game has the best story line i ever experienced in a game
---
3DS FC: 0344 - 9282 - 6531
#13nonexistingheroPosted 7/14/2011 11:16:38 AM
If you can find it, get Samurai Warriors: Chronicles. It's the perfect game to have at the moment. OoT 3D is good enough to put 100-150 hours in if you wish to fully complete the normal & master quest. SW:C is good for another 100+ hours if you try to go for full completion (or almost full completion). There's also a new downloadable mission coming every 2 weeks (and weapons in the other weeks in between, but they are kinda useless once you've upgraded your own weapons a bit). This should last for around 12 or so more weeks.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14Dagdamor3725Posted 7/14/2011 11:31:34 AM
I own OoT3D, and two other games. Both games I highly recommend.

1. Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - A turn-based SRPG, and what I believe to be the sleeper hit of the 3DS launch lineup. Great gameplay, but forgettable story. Lots of side missions and challenges, and 3 difficulty levels per mission.

2. Samurai Warriors Chronicles - I'm a fan of the mindless fun of the Musou series (Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors). This game delivers on many fronts. The ability to direct allied generals to new locations, and have 4 generals on the field you can control, there's a lot there strategy-wise. Lots of extra objectives in missions keep you on your toes, and of course, levelling generals and getting the best weapons and items will keep you busy for a while.

I did own RE: Mercenaries, but I didn't enjoy it much. Once I beat it, I was bored. Nothing to do beyond top your previous high scores, really

I rented SSF43D and Dead or Alive. I loved DoA, was impartial to SSF4.
---
PSN - Dagdamor3725
3DS FC - 5155-3036-2153
#15KGTriggerPosted 7/14/2011 11:55:09 AM

oh, and DS games are also good to recommend. I got a 3DS because my phat broke a while back. So far I have only caught up on Pokemon BW and Heart gold. How is Dragon Quest 9? Can I play it without being confused if I have never played another Dragon Quest? How does that compare to Golden Sun Dark Dawn? I also heard scriblenauts was good.

Radiant Historia will blow you away, seriously.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#16VampireRoninPosted 7/14/2011 11:58:35 AM
Nobody else likes BlazBlue?
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#17nonexistingheroPosted 7/14/2011 12:32:51 PM
Oh, and about DQIX... really great RPG. Story is alright, but the game has a ton of replay value. It should take hundreds of hours to get everything in the game (main game only about 30-60 hours though, depending on how you play). If you want a really great story, I recommend to get the DQ5 remake for the 3DS. The story is rather unique and I highly recommend playing through at least once. Besides, you can pick 1 of 3 girls to be your wife at some point.
---
#18tanaboon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 1:08:48 PM
Ok, so, my local gamestore doesn't have 999 or radiant historia unforunately. I'm deciding between

Okamiden
DQ 9
Samuri Warriors

Is DQ9 Mainly multiplayer? Is it like, mmo-ish? Or do you actually need to know friends irl to play with?
---
Intel Quadcore Q6600, 4gb Ram, XFX Geforce 8800 GT, eh, w/e, inb4 outdated
#19Makeveli_livesPosted 7/14/2011 1:43:06 PM

Nobody else likes BlazBlue?

On any console aside from the 3DS yes. It's well stated that the 3DS version is the worst by far across all the version.

---
Pokemon White FC: 0862 2592 0781
#20nonexistingheroPosted 7/14/2011 2:34:08 PM
tanaboon posted...
Ok, so, my local gamestore doesn't have 999 or radiant historia unforunately. I'm deciding between

Okamiden
DQ 9
Samuri Warriors

Is DQ9 Mainly multiplayer? Is it like, mmo-ish? Or do you actually need to know friends irl to play with?

DQ9 is mainly single player. It can be played in multiplayer, but not online. Multi's not that great though, but it can be fun at times. You're not missing out if you're not playing it though and you'll need to ditch 1 of your party members for every human player joining you.

As for between those 3.

- Okamiden is a bit Zelda-like. I don't think it's as good as OoT 3D and out of these games, it has the least replay value. It's a great game, but...

- DQ9 is also great, but does have a lot of replay value. The core gameplay is just traditional turn-based JRPG combat. But it's very polished. You'll also see all the armor changes to your characters and you can create them yourself.

- Samurai Warriors: It's a bit different than most Warriors games, seeing as the focus here lies more on completing all the missions in a stage. The character-swapping on the fly is a truly excellent game mechanic . There's absolutely no lag or loading if you're with 1 character on one side on the map, then tap a character to switch to someone on the other side of the map. Figuring out how to get & complete every single mission successfully and getting all 4th weapons, etc... can take a while. The main game lasts 12-15 hours (on easy... which I recommend... normal gets very hard about halfway through and I don't recommend doing it until after you've beaten the game on easy). There's a good amount of extra stages/scenarios to unlock. You'll have probably played 30-40 hours if you've played all of the in-game stages... let alone complete all missions on them & doing them on all difficulties & getting all 4th weapons. And there's also the whole friendship system. And let's not forget the DLC missions.

You can't go wrong with either DQ9 or Samurai Warriors. But Samurai Warriors... it's pretty hard to find. So if you can get it now, but choose to not go for it, then it might be hard to get in the future.
---