Any SNES games coming to the virtual console?

#1ZOMG_WTF_BBQPosted 7/14/2011 8:11:47 AM
Who wouldn't like to play LTTP, DK Country, or Star Fox on their 3DS?
---
True, it was noble of that animal to hurl itself into the path of that final torpedo.
#2GastonRabbitPosted 7/14/2011 8:20:03 AM
Only NES games have been announced so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if there ended up being sone.
---
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't do or teach become politicians.
3DS: 1203-9227-6105 (GastonR)
#3trenkenPosted 7/14/2011 8:20:06 AM
No word of it from nintendo. Im guessing no. They want you to buy a Wii for access to that stuff.

If they put everything on one machine, it actually does effect the sales of the other believe it or not. They have a good reason for keeping it all separate.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#4trenkenPosted 7/14/2011 8:20:57 AM
GastonRabbit posted...
Only NES games have been announced so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if there ended up being sone.

No, NES is just some 3d classics, and there probably wont end up being too many of those.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#5Final Fantasy2389Posted 7/14/2011 8:21:16 AM
No official word, but Miyamoto has expressed great interest in at least making aLttP as a 3D Classic. But with word that there might not be many 3D classics, who knows what'll happen.
---
http://jbeebe.wordpress.com
Please, call me FF.
#6ZOMG_WTF_BBQ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 8:23:05 AM
I really could care less if it's a 3D classic or not. I just think it would be great to have those games on my 3DS.

Oh and make 'em widescreen too!
---
True, it was noble of that animal to hurl itself into the path of that final torpedo.
#7GastonRabbitPosted 7/14/2011 8:24:05 AM
trenken posted...
No, NES is just some 3d classics, and there probably wont end up being too many of those.

I never said there would be that many. I meant that the only 3D Classics announced so far are based on NES games, and that none based on SNES games have been announced.
---
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't do or teach become politicians.
3DS: 1203-9227-6105 (GastonR)
#8noutBrPosted 7/14/2011 8:28:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9metroid00700Posted 7/14/2011 8:37:08 AM
noutBr posted...
Nintendo is stubborn and doesn't want to spoil us gamers apparently because the 3DS VC is only for portable systems of the past. Have fun playing GB, GBC, GBA games on your 3DS because I'll be playing NES, SNES and GENESIS on my PSP slim :P

That is, if Nintendo ever decides to actually release games that are worth the money and the time playing them. DK is pretty fun but let's be honest here, even back then the GB could have been much better and limiting the eShop to portable games only is just stupid. If 3DS would get MMX to X3, SMW, SMW2, Zelda LttP, Mario Allstars, DKC trilogy and more I would actually spend lots of money on those games. I didn't buy the games on Wii VC because I already own most of them and I can already play them at home.

Portable gaming has always been somewhat of a downgrade from home console gaming in the past, DS changed this in many ways. But by doing this Nintendo can only give us the lesser version of games like Mario 1,2,3 and DKC1,2,3. There are some gems on GB and I absolutely love the GBA (MMBN!) but I already have those games in portable form :)

Okay I get the GBA DKC games being "lesser" than their original SNES counterparts, but the Mario GBA games all came with improvements. Mario 1 Classic NES, well it had sleep mode and was a flawless port. Mario 2 included voices, improved enemies, graphics, and the Yoshi Egg quest. Mario 3 had improved graphics, saves, item system, and music. Mario World had improved voices, graphics, extra hit, and interface. Mario World 2 was the same, except Yoshis voice changed. Note I'm not entirely clear on the exact Mario changes as I've not played them for a few years. The portable Marios IMO are the best versions, particularly Mario 3.
---
www.youtube.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET My Gaming Videos!
www.twitter.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET I game and type with my feet as well!
#10Starwars4JPosted 7/14/2011 8:40:33 AM
noutBr posted...
Nintendo is stubborn and doesn't want to spoil us gamers apparently because the 3DS VC is only for portable systems of the past. Have fun playing GB, GBC, GBA games on your 3DS because I'll be playing NES, SNES and GENESIS on my PSP slim :P

If you're talking about illegal activities that could be done on the DS as well. What does that have to do with built-in functionality for a system though?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade