Okay, I thought game downloads used the SD cards ?

#1crazybotPosted 7/14/2011 11:32:42 AM
So I have downloaded a few games and finally noticed it was saying downloaded to system memory. So I check the sd card and nothing is on it. But the games are indeed in the system memory. I didn't see a choice when downloading these things. Do all downloads go into system memory ? Can you copy them to the SD card ? Can you specify where you want a game to go ?
#2PokeMasterPosted 7/14/2011 11:52:32 AM
checked what any of the manual says?
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#3crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 11:59:37 AM
I will. Not near the manual right now. From a quick search, it seems like you can copy to an sd card. Does this mean you can copy the game to sd, erase the one in system memory. And then when you want it back in system memory just copy it back from the SD ? I know it;s tied to the system either way,
#4LordAndrewPosted 7/14/2011 12:01:16 PM
DSiWare goes into system memory, as it did on the DSi. You can copy them to the SD card, but they can't be played from there.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#5crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 12:19:27 PM
But you can copy them back into system memory from the SD card, right ? So if I copy the game to sd, then erase the one in system memory. I can always copy it back into system memory from the sd card and play as normal ?
#6Gavin_RozeePosted 7/14/2011 12:25:14 PM
crazybot posted...
But you can copy them back into system memory from the SD card, right ? So if I copy the game to sd, then erase the one in system memory. I can always copy it back into system memory from the sd card and play as normal ?

Absolutely.

Game Boy and 3DS downloads save onto, and launch from, SD Card though.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.