A VERY ANNOYING glitch I found on netflix.

#1Rawrman15Posted 7/14/2011 1:06:27 PM
Pause show.

Close Lid.

Open 20 mins later.

Black screen.

Nothing is responsive and the only way to fix it is to turn it off.
---
If actions speak louder than words, then why is the pen mightier than the sword?
PSN: Phireblast
#2trizznillaPosted 7/14/2011 1:16:29 PM
Huh. I've left mine closed for about ten minutes and it fired back up right where it left off. 20 minutes is long enough that hitting the home button might be a good idea.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#3Mario788Posted 7/14/2011 1:22:39 PM
I've noticed that too, but it happened when I closed it for a minute!
#4NoPointMadePosted 7/14/2011 1:32:11 PM
Really? Would you just shut a computer down while watching streaming videos online
and expect it to somehow reconnect to netflix, find the movie you were watching, find the point where you stopped, and automatically play as soon as you push the ON button?
I'm not even sure if you know what you were complaining about.
#5Fierce_Deity777Posted 7/14/2011 1:41:19 PM
NoPointMade posted...
Really? Would you just shut a computer down while watching streaming videos online
and expect it to somehow reconnect to netflix, find the movie you were watching, find the point where you stopped, and automatically play as soon as you push the ON button?

I watched shriek if you know what I did last friday the 13th, on my ipod touch for about 10 minutes. I closed it and went to my Wii and selected the movie. It picked up right where I left off.

Point is: Netflix saves your position on your account. Not the device you're using it on.
---
This post authorized by Adam Malkovich.
#6HaterWannaBeMePosted 7/14/2011 1:41:30 PM
NoPointMade posted...

This.
---
Senran Kagura to US & Europe Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/snrnkgra/petition.html
Sign it :DDD
#7Dual_SwordPosted 7/14/2011 1:49:14 PM
Might as well push the home button and resume from your position later. But I guess that could get annoying.
#8Rawrman15(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 1:51:02 PM

I watched shriek if you know what I did last friday the 13th, on my ipod touch for about 10 minutes. I closed it and went to my Wii and selected the movie. It picked up right where I left off.

Point is: Netflix saves your position on your account. Not the device you're using it on.

And we have a winner.
---
If actions speak louder than words, then why is the pen mightier than the sword?
PSN: Phireblast
#9NoPointMadePosted 7/14/2011 1:54:11 PM(edited)
Fierce_Deity777 posted...

So you closed your iPhone then went to your Wii. That's not even similar to OP's scenario. And yes, Netflix saves your position, it won't magically re-appear on your screen on its own volition whenever you shut down your device though.
#10ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/14/2011 1:54:53 PM
The 3DS has Netflix already!??
---
My signature is
two lines long.