A VERY ANNOYING glitch I found on netflix.

#11gsdarkdawnPosted 7/14/2011 1:55:44 PM
NoPointMade posted...
Really? Would you just shut a computer down while watching streaming videos online

When you close your 3DS:
If the software the 3DS is running is currently saving, performing wireless communications or connected to the internet, it will continue to perform those functions until it is no longer using those functions. After it stops using those functions, it goes into sleep mode.

In this case, it never stops being connected to the internet so it never goes into sleep mode.
---
Please sign my petition to have all 3DS games able to save to SD card:
http://PetitionOnline.com/3DSsavSD/petition.html
#12NoPointMadePosted 7/14/2011 1:59:24 PM
gsdarkdawn posted...
NoPointMade posted...
Really? Would you just shut a computer down while watching streaming videos online

When you close your 3DS:
If the software the 3DS is running is currently saving, performing wireless communications or connected to the internet, it will continue to perform those functions until it is no longer using those functions. After it stops using those functions, it goes into sleep mode.

In this case, it never stops being connected to the internet so it never goes into sleep mode.

Yeah, well you put all those conditions and terrific ideas you specified on Netflix source codes pronto.
#13fire2boxPosted 7/14/2011 2:13:00 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
The 3DS has Netflix already!??

Netflix got release today and it's been delayed for about a month now. It's about time the 3DS had something decent going for it other then a port of a 10+ year old game.
#14gsdarkdawnPosted 7/14/2011 2:28:17 PM
NoPointMade posted...
gsdarkdawn posted...
NoPointMade posted...

When you close your 3DS:

Yeah, well you put all those conditions and terrific ideas you specified on Netflix source codes pronto.

It's common sense. Even the DS did this. (go pop Pokemon Black in your 3DS, start a WiFi trade, close it, and open it 5 minutes later to find the trade completed and waiting for your input)
---
Please sign my petition to have all 3DS games able to save to SD card:
http://PetitionOnline.com/3DSsavSD/petition.html
#15LightHawKnightPosted 7/14/2011 2:47:16 PM

Netflix got release today and it's been delayed for about a month now. It's about time the 3DS had something decent going for it other then a port of a 10+ year old game.

Delayed? What part of summer is it not now?

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#16STN79Posted 7/14/2011 3:03:42 PM
This kinda thing happens on the Wii also. Mine freezes up every once in a while when using Netflix. You just hafta deal with it.
#170PTICSPosted 7/14/2011 3:16:28 PM
Well I tried a movie earlier, stopped it, when to the main menu, got no cover arts. I was able to navigate the menu up and down, but nothing would load. Also, pressing the Home button didn't do anything. Closed the 3DS, same thing. Had to do a complete shut down.... the second shutdown I ever gave it since Day 1.
#18MBBDarigonPosted 7/14/2011 3:27:05 PM(edited)
In my First Impressions video I had a glitch happen to me too. Wouldn't let me press the home button. It's kind of glitchy / unresponsive.
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
http://raptr.com/badge/4aa3f8d60a933883c5832cd960cc0f77/ach.png
#19BigDaddyWingnutPosted 7/14/2011 5:40:52 PM
MBBDarigon posted...
In my First Impressions video I had a glitch happen to me too. Wouldn't let me press the home button. It's kind of glitchy / unresponsive.

This happened to me and a bunch of other people as well. Once you shut off the 3DS and turn it back on, it never happens again.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758(Wingnut) DeviantArt-http://bigdaddywingnut.deviantart.com/
Smash Bros officially coming to 3DS! Now we just have to wait a few years. *sigh*
#20PlaysaverPosted 7/14/2011 9:49:31 PM
NoPointMade posted...
and expect it to somehow reconnect to netflix, find the movie you were watching, find the point where you stopped, and automatically play as soon as you push the ON button?
I'm not even sure if you know what you were complaining about.

Hmmm. I put my pc in stand by while today while watching Hulu and It managed to reconnect and go from where i went into standby. All i had to do was hit the play button, and there was barely any pause. So yes i think on somethings maybe you can expect that.