No Netflix for me, I guess...

#1keyblader1985Posted 7/14/2011 12:17:47 PM
From what I've been reading you can only watch videos by streaming, not some kind of download. Problem is, I don't have home internet. Wouldn't make much sense for me to pay a monthly fee to be able to watch videos only in places with wifi - which does not include my home.

I'm gonna have to wait till I get internet at home. But before that I'll have to get a better PC, as I'm not even sure the relic I have now can handle internet. Seriously, that thing is a fossil. Put it this way: just a couple years ago I upgraded it... to XP.

;>___>
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#2trizznillaPosted 7/14/2011 12:19:27 PM
How'd you make this post?
---
hardcore about the casual.
#3Master_HapposaiPosted 7/14/2011 12:29:29 PM
#4Danoh1989Posted 7/14/2011 12:30:51 PM
library
#5GastonRabbitPosted 7/14/2011 12:38:31 PM
Master_Happosai posted...

He said he doesn't have any Internet access at home period, not that he lacks broadband.
---
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't do or teach become politicians.
3DS: 1203-9227-6105 (GastonR)
#6keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 12:43:00 PM

You uh... you do realize that other places exist which do have internet, right? >_>
---
Official King of PotD
#7panama_chiefPosted 7/14/2011 12:43:28 PM
trizznilla posted...

phone possibly.....

Its ok TC....but what made you think it was a download type service? never researched Netflix before today?
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#8keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 12:54:04 PM
I started a couple days ago, before we knew it was coming today. Clearly I had no use for Netflix before this, so I wouldn't have known.

...And I hope you're not getting on my case for not already knowing this. It's not like this is one of those topics where I ask something I could have easily found out by looking on my own for 5 seconds. I did find out on my own - I just didn't magically always know.
---
Official King of PotD
#9panama_chiefPosted 7/14/2011 2:59:32 PM
keyblader1985 posted...
I started a couple days ago, before we knew it was coming today. Clearly I had no use for Netflix before this, so I wouldn't have known.

...And I hope you're not getting on my case for not already knowing this. It's not like this is one of those topics where I ask something I could have easily found out by looking on my own for 5 seconds. I did find out on my own - I just didn't magically always know.

I didn't assume you knew. That's why I asked. Internet makes people always think the worst of a comment....
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#10ja_schafferPosted 7/14/2011 3:58:25 PM
1. Cancel Cable Subscription.
2. Get home webernetz.
3. Pay $10 a month for Netflix streaming.
4. ???
5. Profit!
---
This message was posted from Lynx.
All other browsers are for quitters.