How upset/excited were you for the "Platinum award" on Club Nintendo?

#1Ghost of Brandon LeePosted 7/14/2011 1:48:51 PM
I ended up getting gold so I only got a calendar but I imagined alot of people felt angry about the pin collection considering I heard last year's prize was a Mario statue. On that note for anyone who wants to answer this: how often do the prizes change on Club Nintendo? I don't see anything on there I want to spend my points on just yet.
---
Activision's Bobby Kotick hates developers, innovation, cheap games and you.
May 1st, 2011: Christian becomes the 11th WWE Grandslam Champion. Believe it.
#2darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/14/2011 2:00:04 PM
Pretty cool reward. Never got one of the Platinum ones before. Previous ones were cooler obviously, but the pins are still nice. I plan on wearing them to work! O~hohohohohohh!
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#3JeraleepPosted 7/14/2011 2:06:49 PM
i was very happy, and very sure it would be something LoZ related, being the 25th anniversary and all. and then i was very disappointed to find we'd be receiveing NOE's leftovers from last year. buttons... i never expected the prize to have a practical use... but buttons aren't even remotely cool. i can't rub this in my friends' faces, no sir.
---
Proud hater of Team PS3rd place
#4d0wnerPosted 7/14/2011 2:19:49 PM(edited)
I'm good with it. I'd put the three platinum rewards roughly on par with one another.

Yes, it should have been Zelda-related.
---
shoot the core.
#5SimpleStar010Posted 7/14/2011 2:20:33 PM
Is the gold reward always a calendar?
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#6plagamesforevaPosted 7/14/2011 2:30:12 PM
I assumed that since we got the awesome Mario & Co. statue, that we would get something along those lines or much better (since it is Zelda's 25th Anniv, maybe a Zelda / Link & Co. statue).
---
CAPCOM needs to make a 3rd Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the N3DS!
#7Starwars4JPosted 7/14/2011 2:35:55 PM
SimpleStar010 posted...
Is the gold reward always a calendar?

Yes.

And really people thought the Mario Hat was better than this? The statue wasn't even a nice statue or anything, I believe it's made of a kind of hard rubber. The pins and the way they're displayed are pretty damn nice. Granted the Japanese platinum reward of the Gold Plated Mario figure still blows all of the American ones away, but still.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8LightHawKnightPosted 7/14/2011 2:45:32 PM
I would rather get a Kirby pin set, but what ever. I might sell it somewhere down the line.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#9Moondoggie35Posted 7/14/2011 8:42:11 PM
Mehh I've seen pin sets like this, made by fans on eBay for years. Crap reward is crap IMO. But if you like them, more power to you
---
If god gives you lemons, you find a new god!
#10QuagsireQingPosted 7/14/2011 8:45:14 PM
If there's anyone who earned the Platinum reward but doesn't want it (particularly in Canada), give me a PM. I earned my Platinum status early on in the year, but Nintendo is currently telling me that I only earned 120 coins all year. I've been back and forth with them, and their customer service usually doesn't let me down, but they're being pretty stubborn with this one. If they don't relent and give me my reward, and you really don't want yours, I'd like to talk about having yours shipped to me, so I don't miss a year.

But I'm reasonably pleased with the award. Any kind of free memorabilia is cool with me.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto