Man I want a 3DS now but I know there is no point to buy one now!

#11dchs5Posted 7/14/2011 3:24:09 PM
hang on you'll pull out of it, the zelda hype almost got me but it passed thankfully the games netflix whatever will always be there no need to rush
---
The ballad of a dove,
Go with peace and love
#12omegamediaPosted 7/14/2011 3:27:33 PM
LightHawKnight posted...

Will most likely be larger as well, since getting a better battery cheaper means larger size. Unless of course Nintendo makes a breakthrough and finds a better way to make a cheap better battery, or costs go down. Which means we shall probably get bigger screens as well.

Not necessarily, they could always go into finding ways to conserve power. Screens that take less battery life, etc. This is more likely the right choice, though knowing Nintendo they'll go with bigger is better, which I was never a fan of personally.
---
Just a PSWii60 gaymer artist person guy... who honestly has no idea what to type here.
#13LightHawKnightPosted 7/14/2011 3:32:16 PM

Not necessarily, they could always go into finding ways to conserve power. Screens that take less battery life, etc. This is more likely the right choice, though knowing Nintendo they'll go with bigger is better, which I was never a fan of personally.

True, but better screens will cost more, they want to revise it without shooting costs up right? Though I am not sure what the difference in cost will be. And then that might make their eventual well maybe eventual XL version more expensive.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#14SMBfan13Posted 7/14/2011 3:54:47 PM(edited)
I almost snagged one on Overstock.com when they ****ed up their prices when some of their items were less than $20 but my order got cancelled.

If I'm ever getting a 3DS I'm waiting on more colors.
---
First, get rid of the cuffs. - Norman Jayden from Heavy Rain
#15Frasier_CranePosted 7/14/2011 4:10:04 PM
Yeah I liked the DSlite and thought it was a lot nicer than my DSPhat, but when my light broke going back to phat wasn't the end of the world.

However, I will say GBA-SP was a very, very big step. More than most times.
---
Mo' buildings, mo' problems
#16DAVID_KINGPosted 7/14/2011 4:16:30 PM
I don't mind redesigns at all but the problem I have will be if there isn't a simple easy method of transferring all of my eShop purchases and account information to the newer 3DS.
---
3DS: Jajunk - 3695 - 0021 - 9065
#17Azp2k32Posted 7/14/2011 4:47:58 PM
KingDavidxx posted...
I don't mind redesigns at all but the problem I have will be if there isn't a simple easy method of transferring all of my eShop purchases and account information to the newer 3DS.

I highly doubt Nintendo's going to alienate their customers from buying a whole new system by doing something like that. They already had the system transfer function to transfer data from the DSi to the 3DS, I'm sure 3DS to 3DS will be more than possible.
---
http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/exclusives/ron-dancing-animated.gif
#18hatemakingnamesPosted 7/14/2011 4:55:29 PM
I paid $250 in March 2011. If they come out with a new model for $300 (It would probably be less) in March 2012 (It will probably be much later than this) and I can sell my current 3DS online for $150 (If not $200), that's a cost of $150 to not wait a year.

That's $0.42 a day. ($0.21 a day if the "XL" isn't released until 2013)

Food? Between $10-$25 a day.

Gas? About $3-$6 a day.

It's such a non-issue if you're planning to get one anyway.

KingDavidxx posted...

System tools --> Page 3 --> System Transfer --> Transfer from Nintendo 3DS

"The ability to transfer between Nintendo 3DS systems will become available through a system update"

This update will probably happen before the year is over. A new 3DS probably won't happen for a year and a half.
#19MizuhoChamaPosted 7/14/2011 5:03:10 PM
I don't mind buying a new one depending on what they fix.
---
Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."-Vyse the Legend
PSN - MizuhoChan 3DS - 3523 2022 4853