Netflix: Full Screen?

#11RED_LINK1Posted 7/14/2011 9:31:20 PM
You can't tell on the 3DS, but other steaming devices tell you the aspect and if they are full screen. They also have settings to stretch.. I wish the 3DS could stretch.
#12BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 11:38:19 PM
I was about to post that. I know about aspect ratios, I convert videos all the time for different devices picky about what aspect ratios and resolutions they can play.

Even if some video is designed to be viewed in a 4:3 aspect ratio, I really REALLY wish you could stretch the video out to fit full screen. You can do it on an ipod, a 3ds should be able to handle it.
---
"Everybody has an opinion. Just some people try harder to shove it down your throat than others."
#13wheepitupPosted 7/14/2011 11:58:46 PM
BossBang posted...
I was about to post that. I know about aspect ratios, I convert videos all the time for different devices picky about what aspect ratios and resolutions they can play.

Even if some video is designed to be viewed in a 4:3 aspect ratio, I really REALLY wish you could stretch the video out to fit full screen. You can do it on an ipod, a 3ds should be able to handle it.

Why the hell do people enjoy stretching out 4:3 content to widescreen? Do they actually believe this gives you more view size? All you are doing it distorting the image from how it's supposed to be. Just watch it in 4:3 and stop making video look like crap. Honestly if you know what aspect ratios are and you still stretch out 4:3 content you are clueless.
---
My Collection - http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=DecayedMatter&mode=vown Gaming YT - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
#14panama_chiefPosted 7/15/2011 3:24:14 AM
wheepitup posted...

Why the hell do people enjoy stretching out 4:3 content to widescreen? Do they actually believe this gives you more view size? All you are doing it distorting the image from how it's supposed to be. Just watch it in 4:3 and stop making video look like crap. Honestly if you know what aspect ratios are and you still stretch out 4:3 content you are clueless.

can TC live a little? He wants stretched 4:3. Some people want GB stretched. It's his personal preference. It's like you can have an opinion without someone putting their purist values on you.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#15kjingofthehill_Posted 7/15/2011 6:10:26 AM
Hey TC, you see it's SpongeBob SQUAREpants not SpongeBob WIDEpants, dont you remember the song.
#16Archer_YoshiPosted 7/15/2011 7:29:18 AM
kjingofthehill_ posted...
Hey TC, you see it's SpongeBob SQUAREpants not SpongeBob WIDEpants, dont you remember the song.

this
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.