Is anyone still stoked about Netflix on 3DS even after news of price hike?

#1all_that_juicePosted 7/14/2011 10:40:58 PM
I was so stoked about Netflix on my 3DS before I knew about the price hike. I thought I'd finally put to use that streaming feature I rarely use. I've been a Netflix subscriber for over two years, and I spend 99% of my time with actual physical DVDs. If I were to choose between physical and streaming, I'd take the physical DVDs easily. I find the selection for streaming far too limited to make my sole source of movie rentals. Up until now, I never had to choose though. Now it looks like Netflix wants me to choose.

I just can't see myself paying 60% more to keep something I never used much, and that has such a limited selection be it portable or not. I'll probably just stick with the DVD only plan since I spend the majority of my time with them anyway. This realization puts a major damper on my excitement level for the Netflix app I just installed on my 3DS today. How about you guys? Is anyone still able to keep their excitement level up for Netflix on their 3DS even after the sobering price hike news?
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#2RahzarXPosted 7/14/2011 11:06:57 PM
Price hike only for physical disc rental.

No more talk of this.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3trizznillaPosted 7/14/2011 11:17:10 PM
I'm not gonna live long enough to run out of things to watch on the streaming side. Honestly, I only watch 2-3 dvds from my plan per month. So I'll just stick to the stream and use the two bucks I save on Redbox rentals.

netflix should offer a 9.99 plan with unlimited sreaming but only 4 dvds a month.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#4all_that_juice(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 11:33:29 PM
Yeah I'm a pretty busy guy. I can only manage to watch two movies per week. I just can't see myself paying $16 for 8 movies a month.
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#5KorlithielPosted 7/15/2011 12:23:04 AM
I was planning on re-upping my Netflix account (couldn't manage to stream while away at college, all of my friends in the same dorm could though) that I had canceled. But upon finding out the price hike (I'm pretty evenly split between the two) I couldn't justify it, no matter how neat it would be to just pluck my 3DS from the charger and start streaming something.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#6Kitt ThrustPosted 7/15/2011 3:19:28 AM
I only use streaming so this doesn't bother me. I'm perfectly happy with the selections they have for streaming.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png
#7CloudisthebestPosted 7/15/2011 3:31:22 AM
I'll be switching to streaming only right before the price increase. I'm actually watching Lewis Black right now on my 3DS. Pretty awesome.
---
2003 Mustang GT- Flowmaster cat-back, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, control arms, aluminum bushings,,,
PSN: officersweetpant