Will 3DS ever get an MMORPG?

#1GM_Posted 7/15/2011 10:18:48 AM
It's been proven possible that the MMORPG genre can work on mobile devices. Just look at that Chaos game (WoW clone) Gameloft came out with. It's like $0.99 a month and is supposedly a good game. What say you?
#2VampiricDragon_Posted 7/15/2011 10:22:55 AM
i say lol at that game being good
---
Games to look forward to: Nora and the Engraving Studio, super robot wars OG 2, SMT devil survivor 2, Grand knight history, 7th dragon 2020,paper mario 3ds
#3E-25Posted 7/15/2011 10:23:29 AM
No.

Vita might due to superior hardware and 3G connectivity, but doubt the DS2 will or should.
---
Mind currently in the gutter.
Blame the Hanzo and Viper Academy ninjas...
#4Megaman OmegaPosted 7/15/2011 10:23:59 AM
I don't like MMOs a whole lot, but i could very well imagine one on the 3DS. MMOs were possible on the DS and PSP, so they would definitely be possible on 3DS and Vita.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#5meiyukiPosted 7/15/2011 10:26:49 AM
Well I can't look it up cause that's too vague but I doubt it's a proper one. The 3ds can't really handle it, consoles can't even really handle a proper mmo(oh they run but usually the devs have to make massive compromises on both the console and pc versions). Furthermore the small screen also limits things. You could use spites of course, games like maple story would work, but it's not exactly practical in a lot of ways.
#6GM_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 10:27:58 AM
VampiricDragon_ posted...

It's been well received in terms of reviews but having not played it myself I can't give a valid opinion other than what I've heard about it.
#7GM_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 10:29:06 AM
meiyuki posted...
Well I can't look it up cause that's too vague but I doubt it's a proper one. The 3ds can't really handle it, consoles can't even really handle a proper mmo(oh they run but usually the devs have to make massive compromises on both the console and pc versions). Furthermore the small screen also limits things. You could use spites of course, games like maple story would work, but it's not exactly practical in a lot of ways.

I looked it up it's called Order & Chaos
#8VampiricDragon_Posted 7/15/2011 10:29:10 AM
GM_ posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...

It's been well received in terms of reviews but having not played it myself I can't give a valid opinion other than what I've heard about it.

Ive tried it and lets just say for a mobile game its good. If this was on a dedicated portable it would receive scores of 50........
---
Games to look forward to: Nora and the Engraving Studio, super robot wars OG 2, SMT devil survivor 2, Grand knight history, 7th dragon 2020,paper mario 3ds
#9thedicemasterPosted 7/15/2011 10:29:30 AM
it would be a pretty stupid idea.
you could only play it at home.

a regular rpg with extensive mmorpg-like multiplayer would be a possibility though.
think games like phantasy star portable/zero.
#10LightHawKnightPosted 7/15/2011 10:44:06 AM
I honestly do not see why anyone would want an MMORPG on a handheld. It makes no sense what so ever, none at all. The mouse and keyboard reigns supreme as the best input for MMORPGs, which makes the PC the king for MMORPGs. And if you want to go out to play, you would still need wifi access, so a laptop is better suited for MMORPGs than a handheld. For a handheld all you get is a small amount of buttons to use, a small tiny screen and not as good graphics, depending on if one uses a gaming PC. Forgot all about communicating with other players, the pc/laptop still does it best.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."