OoT3D performs well, 3DS not so much.

#1VyersPosted 7/15/2011 9:47:59 AM
05. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) Nintendo - 283,200

A certainly impressive figure considering the limited shipment available. Unfortunately, it was unable to give the 3DS any significant boost as a number of people predicted, with 3DS sales up only 60,000-some over last month's sales. A boost is better than nothing, but I get the feeling that Nintendo's "play it safe" route with shipping low for OoT3D has harmed its sales potential. I guess we'll have to look and see if Nintendo continues to release shipments for the game, and if the game continues to sell 3DS consoles.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#2Kitt ThrustPosted 7/15/2011 9:55:36 AM
from Nintendo.. their spin

After less than two weeks on store shelves, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D for the Nintendo 3DS™ portable entertainment system finished the month as the No. 2 best-selling video game on an individual platform, with more than 283,000 units sold, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

Other highlights from the month include:

Nintendo sold more than 800,000 combined hardware units in June. This includes 386,000 units of the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, 273,000 Wii™ systems and 143,000 Nintendo 3DS systems. Each product line saw double-digit growth over the previous month, and the lifetime U.S. installed base for the Wii system crossed 36 million units.

Five of the top 10 and 13 of the top 25 best-selling individual software titles play on Nintendo platforms.
This holiday season, Nintendo will offer something for everyone with fan-favorite titles including Super Mario™, Mario Kart™, Kid Icarus™: Uprising, Star Fox 64™ 3D and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword.

---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png
#3PrinceOfFalloutPosted 7/15/2011 10:00:28 AM
does it matter? you people worry too much is like expecting the 3ds to sell 50 million in 5 months
---
"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted"
GT:GodMode XIII
#4Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 10:04:17 AM
PrinceOfFallout posted...
does it matter? you people worry too much is like expecting the 3ds to sell 50 million in 5 months

Expecting it to move a ton of consoles is not an unrealistic expectation.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#5LordAndrewPosted 7/15/2011 10:16:02 AM
Both the DS and the Wii outsold the 3DS. I'm not sure what compels people to buy a Wii these days, but those DS buyers are people that Nintendo could have sold a 3DS to instead.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#6iGenesisPosted 7/15/2011 10:18:59 AM

A certainly impressive figure considering the limited shipment available.

Bad damage control. The supply was NOT limited and Amazon always had it in stock ever since it was listed.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#7Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 10:19:05 AM
LordAndrew posted...
Both the DS and the Wii outsold the 3DS. I'm not sure what compels people to buy a Wii these days, but those DS buyers are people that Nintendo could have sold a 3DS to instead.

Eh? I'm not aware of any region where both 3DS and DS are outselling the Wii. In the US, the DS is the highest-selling Nintendo console; in Japan, the 3DS is the highest-selling Nintendo console.
---
#8lambchipsPosted 7/15/2011 10:19:45 AM
dont care about sales, as long as nintendo doesent give up on the 3ds i can be assured that they will keep making new games
^i mean thats all that matters, i buy a gaming console in anticipation for the future... if there is no future for anything, then theres no point in owning a 3ds
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#9Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 10:19:53 AM
iGenesis posted...
A certainly impressive figure considering the limited shipment available.
Bad damage control. The supply was NOT limited and Amazon always had it in stock ever since it was listed.

Damage control? Interesting - so the implication is that I am exercising damage control to Nintendo's favour in a thread that is inherently critical of Nintendo?
---
#10Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 10:21:22 AM
lambchips posted...
dont care about sales, as long as nintendo doesent give up on the 3ds i can be assured that they will keep making new games
^i mean thats all that matters, i buy a gaming console in anticipation for the future... if there is no future for anything, then theres no point in owning a 3ds

3DS doesn't sell

3DS doesn't get games

There's no point in owning 3DS

that scenario is a very realistic one that has occurred for a number of consoles in the past. So really, you should totally care about sales. If 3DS doesn't sell, it's that much more likely to be abandoned.
---