3ds already losing support

#11mcsmellingtonPosted 7/15/2011 2:56:06 PM
trenken posted...
IamDodongo posted...
This hardly means that the 3DS is losing support. If anything, I'd argue that it's been gaining some steam lately.

Either way, I'm not interested in Assassin's Creed.

Gaining steam? There's plenty of articles out there talking about how its failing due to severely slumping sales in every territory.

Nintendo had a good idea with the 3D screen, but the truth it is really doesnt change the games themselves, therefore it is actually a gimmick, unlike touch screen gaming, but made one big mistake. It's too similar to the DS. The average consumer just sees this as a more expensive version of something they already have, with next to no games on it.

Good luck convincing most of these people another DS is actually worth this much money. I bought one, I think its cool, but I definitely get why people arent buying into it.

Ultimately if it fails I can see nintendo coming out with something entirely different. Maybe the DS line has run its course after so many years.

Agreed, they need to market it more aggressively as a new console, not just another DS. I like it, I think it's a cool bit of kit, but definitely not the best thing I've ever bought, and it gets next to no use compared to my 360 or iPad.

Also, I can see why Ubisoft pulled AC, they're gonna clog up the 3DS with Petz and Imagine! games, and use that to fund their bigger budget console games again >_<
---
GT: McPoo
#12SoaringDivePosted 7/15/2011 2:57:11 PM
TC, I associate "losing" with negative things.

Not getting Assassin's Creed isn't really that much of a negative thing.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#13trenkenPosted 7/15/2011 3:01:00 PM
mcsmellington posted...

Agreed, they need to market it more aggressively as a new console, not just another DS. I like it, I think it's a cool bit of kit, but definitely not the best thing I've ever bought, and it gets next to no use compared to my 360 or iPad.

Also, I can see why Ubisoft pulled AC, they're gonna clog up the 3DS with Petz and Imagine! games, and use that to fund their bigger budget console games again >_<

Yeah if they were so dead set on making it so similar to the old DSs, then they shouldnt have called it a 3DS. Putting DS in the name I think is really hurting it. But theres no getting around that this is just way too similar to 7 year old hardware for people to justify spending that much money.

I spent it, many of us did, but talking about the masses, Im just not too sure if this will ever stand any chance at taking off like the original DS. Now if it were something entirely different in design, maybe just 1 large 3D widescreen, to analog sticks, some key visual differences and a different name completely, I think it would stand more of a chance.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#14LordAndrewPosted 7/15/2011 3:02:55 PM
They cancelled a game, they didn't pull support for the system. If Ubisoft cancelled Revelations, would you view that as the consoles losing support?
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#15E-25Posted 7/15/2011 3:03:55 PM
LordAndrew posted...
They cancelled a game, they didn't pull support for the system. If Ubisoft cancelled Revelations, would you view that as the consoles losing support?

If Capcom cancels Revelations, however...
---
Mind currently in the gutter.
Blame the Hanzo and Viper Academy ninjas...
#16VampiricDragon_Posted 7/15/2011 3:05:04 PM
the 3ds isnt slumping in any territory really.
---
Games to look forward to: Nora and the Engraving Studio, super robot wars OG 2, SMT devil survivor 2, Grand knight history, 7th dragon 2020,paper mario 3ds
#17mcsmellingtonPosted 7/15/2011 3:07:42 PM
To be honest, I think sticking to the DS name is fair enough, like Playstation or Xbox. Calling it 3DS though doesn't really give it a 'next gen feel', if you see what I mean. It needs to be the 'DS something'... I dunno what, but it needs the prefix to be DS, with something after it to signify evolution, and the fact that it's an entirely new console.

But then, what do we know? :p
---
GT: McPoo