I guess most disappointment in the 3DS isn't because of the launch line-up

#11niels200683(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 5:41:16 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Well - if waves of AAA titles would have launched every other month - it probably would have sold 20 million units in a month
Which would have killed the 3rd party developers and ended their support and we would have never gotten games from developers that have not made a game for Nintendo in years, or ever.

I agree with you, by oversaturating the market with their popular 1st party titles they would have lost interest of third party developers; but I just want to know: Which developers are you talking about?

Launch window line-up is mainly made up by games from Capcom & Ubisoft

Koei:
Samurai warriors 3 was a wii title,
Samurai Heroes was also for wii.

Namco:
Ridge racing DS
(surely there's more, just can't think of one right now)

Ubisoft:
Raving rabbids 1,2,3,4 etc.
Assassin's creed DS
Prince of persia (2 DS games, 1 Wii game)
Many sport titles on both DS & Wii
Red steel 1&2

Capcom:
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Resident Evil DS
Okami
Okamiden
Tatsunoku vs. Capcom
Zack & Wiki
Monster Hunter Tri
Resident evil 'lightgun' games
Mega man / Zero

Lego games were on DS & Wii already too, Asphalt was on DS too. Team Ninja already worked on Metroid Prime: Other M & Ninja gaiden DS.

As far as I know: all major developers that are currently making, or have made, a 3DS game were already making games for the previous generation of Nintendo hardware as well. Most of them even made exclusive titles for the systems.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#12NekoakumaPosted 7/15/2011 10:22:22 PM
kinsho3 posted...
The launch line-up wasn't that bad. Street Fighter IV and Ghost Recon picked up a lot of the slack.

and Prof. Layton
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#13d0wnerPosted 7/15/2011 10:36:16 PM(edited)
I do see some truth to neils' theory, but I don't think it explains the system's current troubles. Nothing mentioned here is anything new, young systems commonly go through all of it.

PokeMaster posted...
and Prof. Layton

Below the belt.
---
shoot the core.