game and watch gallery VC

#1DarkOctaviusPosted 7/15/2011 6:44:24 PM
Has anyone played this? I have enough money on my account to get a 2.99 vc or dsiware game, and was wondering if game and watch was worth it.
---
Geaux Tigers
3DS FC: 0473-7809-6811
#2BirdGasPosted 7/15/2011 6:52:20 PM
If you're into High Score games, yes. It's four classic G&W games with modernized versions, but keep in mind they're about as deep as a Pac-Man or Galaga game. I used to play the hell out of Modern Fire on this collection when I was younger, so this is easily worth the 3 bucks to me just for that. It's a great pick-up-and-play, but is really only meant for besting your own scores. Check out a few youtube videos to see if they look like they may be up your alley.
---
HA! I kill me!
#3IceIsCold347Posted 7/15/2011 7:01:32 PM
The game consists of 4 mini games, with both a modern and classic version of each. It's a really great game if you like improving on your own high scores.
---
Pokemon White:
Ryan 4169-4686-3407
#4niels200683Posted 7/15/2011 7:10:54 PM
Each game is very repetitive. Each game is high-score based.

If you like games such as the original Pac-man & Donkey kong, any G&W collection has great value.

I don't believe it's the same game - but I recently got the original gameboy collection (5 game&watch games, no remakes: a colleague of mine was cleaning her attic - the naming of 'gameboy collection' is region-exclusive in europe, in japan it was called game & watch collection, and I don't think it was released for the US officially...) - and I've spent ~2,5 hours with it before I got bored of it. (Not counting the time to replace the battery so it would save my highscores)

I also have one of the GBA ones... good, simple fun. Easy to pick up & play when having a spare 5 minutes.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#5Lord_FroodPosted 7/15/2011 8:28:39 PM
I enjoyed G&WG3 as a kid, but then again I was like 9 so take that with a grain of salt. But for 3 bucks I really don't think that's a bad price at all and you're technically getting 8 games due to the modern versions playing out a bit differently IIRC. I'd get the game if you're a fan of quick play on the go type games.
---
Stop making sense. People are trying to bash everything Nintendo does without thinking. Go somewhere else. - Mattperd, about the 3DS boards.
#6Kabuto_YPosted 7/15/2011 8:31:31 PM
G&W games are available for $2 a piece on the eshop.

This is the price of two games, but you get four games with remakes. Seems good to me.
#7PokeclipsePosted 7/16/2011 2:04:38 AM
I still wish they would release some sort of Game & Watch Anthology, with EVERY single G&W game included in both classic and modern form. Hell, there could even be multiplayer versions of certain titles with Miis as the characters.
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#8iphysPosted 7/16/2011 3:19:13 AM
It certainly beats getting one of the DSiWare G&W titles, but there are some better DSiWare games than this. I'd suggest Aura-Aura Climber if you don't have it.
#9LordAndrewPosted 7/16/2011 5:27:43 AM
The DSiWare releases are more faithful conversions of the classics, but you get four games in here and the modern remakes are pretty damn cool. And it's only $2.99, a much better value than the individual G&W games available on DSiWare.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#10Freelance_WolfPosted 7/16/2011 5:38:05 AM
Why are the DSiware games more faithful conversions? The LCD graphics look the same to me on both.

I am thinking of getting G&W Gallery myself but then, G&W 4 has the most games in the set with much better graphics (obviously) and and naturally better value. I'd rather get that but I've no clue if that's ever going to come to the Eshop, being GBA and all.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
Yes, I -am- a girl gamer.