Is it just me, or can this not switch DS games in real-time as well as the DSi?

#1KisaiPosted 7/16/2011 5:51:47 AM
I started noticing this while in the Home menu, trying to swap 2 DS games. I figured it'd be just like the DSi, but the 3DS refused to read the new game card I put in. I kept taking it out and putting it back in, but it wouldn't recognize it at all. When I tried to go into another application, or shut the 3DS off after doing this, the thing just froze.

After putting a different DS game in and starting up the 3DS, I noticed it was finally recognized by the 3DS. So I realized that you can't change games while the Home menu is being displayed. Every time I wanted to change a game, I'd go into an application like daily activities, swap the games, and then bring up the Home menu, and the game would be recognized. But when I tried doing this on the Home menu, I got nothing, and eventually, everything freezing up.

Am I the only one who experienced this? Is this common practice with the 3DS that everyone's learned?
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#2GM_Posted 7/16/2011 5:53:11 AM
This has never happened to me. My 3DS recognizes my DS games instantly.
#3Kisai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 5:54:25 AM
GM_ posted...

Really? It only recognized a game instantly once, and that was the first time I put a game in. After trying to switch it out, I never once saw it instantly recognize a game...
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#4GM_Posted 7/16/2011 6:11:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5GM_Posted 7/16/2011 6:13:40 AM
GM_ posted...
Kisai posted...
GM_ posted...

Really? It only recognized a game instantly once, and that was the first time I put a game in. After trying to switch it out, I never once saw it instantly recognize a game...

Let me try it out real fast and I'll double check if it works for me.

Yeah my games load instantly when changed in real time. It may be an issue with your hardware man.
#6Kisai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 6:58:46 AM
Well, they seem to load instantly after having registered them all under daily activities, but I'm not surprised to see that.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#7niels200683Posted 7/16/2011 11:29:52 AM
My games always load instantly. Be sure to quit the (3DS) game entirely after going to the home menu by tapping "close"!
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#8Kisai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 2:20:23 PM
Argh. See, this is why I should always read the instruction booklets beforehand. I'm usually pretty good about this, but I've gotten lazy and overexcited.

Page 32: "Only insert or remove Game Cards while the system is turned off or while the HOME Menu is displayed. (If software is suspended, exit it first before removing the Game Card.)"
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#9TheGoddamnPosted 7/16/2011 6:46:13 PM
Because the only time you can access the Home Menu on the DSi is by quitting software. Not so on the 3DS. Try using the Power Button instead. It's the single fastest way to switch game cards in the midst of playing.

---
"Batman to all points, I could use some air support. Because I can't fly. At all. Now would be good."
http://www.backloggery.com/TheGoddamn
#10TheGoddamnPosted 7/16/2011 6:50:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]