Does Nintendo really have that kind of power?

#1N64MarioPosted 7/16/2011 12:57:58 PM
I was reading a few things. Is it true that if you keep resetting the date to earn more play coins, that Nintendo has some sort of ability to identify that 3DS system as a cheater in an upcoming update?
I have that same feeling like how I read that Nintendo also has the ability to brick your 3DS if you are using illegal cartridges.

How can they do that? How can they identify a system as a cheater, and have the ability to brick someones 3DS?
---
N-Mario
#2MonoBladePosted 7/16/2011 12:59:14 PM
I think they can but they won't. It would be illegal in most countries.
---
PSN: MountApple
#3Blood_NightsPosted 7/16/2011 1:01:33 PM
No..?

First off, Nintendo never said they'd intentionally brick a 3DS. They said that, if you update and there is ILLEGAL SOFTWARE (I.E. Wii's Homebrew Channel) on their system, there's potential that during the update process your system could be bricked. COULD. This is the same with the Wii, just people blew it out of proportion because Nintendo this go around directly stated that it's completely possible that the system could get bricked in attempts to get pirates to be a little more cautious.

On top of that, of course the system could log date change events, even computers log that. Why they'd use that to decide if someone is a cheater is beyond me, they might make it so that once that day rolls around again that you can't gain more coins.
---
3DS F/C: 4038-6005-9214 Bryan
PM after adding. I require you to do work, but I'm not just adding aimlessly hoping someone else adds me. I'll add if requested.
#4Kitt ThrustPosted 7/16/2011 1:14:20 PM
Nintendo can also view all your 3D photos, so no pics of your wiener please. They can also see what your looking at on the internet so keep your site viewing family friendly.

Also they can steal your Miis and anything else you create on the 3DS.

Article 1: Grant of Limited License; Restrictions on Use

Nintendo grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, revocable (in whole or in part) license to use the Nintendo 3DS Service in the manner described in this Agreement. Specifically:

The Nintendo 3DS Service is intended for your personal recreational use. You are responsible for anyone using the Nintendo 3DS Service through your Nintendo 3DS System (whether you gave them permission or not), and for ensuring they understand and agree to this Agreement.

You may not use the Nintendo 3DS Service for commercial or illegal purposes, in a way that may harm another person or company, or in any unauthorized or improper manner as we may specify from time to time in this Agreement, our Nintendo 3DS Code of Conduct, or otherwise

The Nintendo 3DS Service is licensed to you for use on your Nintendo 3DS System only in the United States, Canada, or certain Latin America countries. We may not offer the Nintendo 3DS Service in other areas, which means that all features of your Nintendo 3DS System may not work if you try to use it in those other areas.

By accepting this Agreement or using a Nintendo 3DS System or the Nintendo 3DS Service, you also grant to Nintendo a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display your User Content in whole or in part and to incorporate your User Content in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.

also..

Chapter II: Unauthorized Software, Services, or Devices

You may not use your Nintendo 3DS System with any unauthorized software, unauthorized device or make any technical modifications to the Nintendo 3DS System. Any such use or modification voids any warranty, is a breach of this Agreement, and may be illegal or cause performance issues and/or damage to your Nintendo 3DS System and related services. Nintendo (as well as any Nintendo licensees, distributors or retailers) are not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of such devices, software, or modifications.

Chapter III: Updates/Changes

You understand that the Nintendo 3DS System specifications and the Nintendo 3DS Service are constantly evolving and that we may update or change the Nintendo 3DS System or the Nintendo 3DS Service in whole or in part, without notice to you. Such updates may be required for you to play new Nintendo 3DS games, enjoy new features, or continue to access the Nintendo 3DS Service. After the Nintendo 3DS menu is updated, any existing or future unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS System, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your system, will render the system permanently unplayable. Content deriving from the unauthorized modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS system will be removed. Failure to accept the update may render games and new features unplayable.

Nintendo, now you're playing with POWER !!

tee hee..
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png